2-Jordan, RF
3-Hujsak, CF
4-Hines, 1B
5-Chance, LF
6-Pulliam, 2B
7-Powell, C/DH
8-Long, C/DH
9-Kohler, 3B

ETA: I would also bring Ligon out of the pen earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaroonSadness99

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I actually like the way its lined up currently.

I'd sit long for powell, but the love affair Lemo has with him, it'll never happen. That said if i were trying to shake it up (which i wouldnt be) heres probably what i'd do

Jordan- RF
Mershon- SS
Hines- 1b
Hujsak- Cf
Chance- LF
Larry/Pulliam
Koehler
Powell
Pulliam/Larry

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
As far as catcher, this week I would go:
  • Wednesday-Powell
  • Friday-Long
  • Saturday-Powell
  • Sunday-Long

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
As far as catcher, this week I would go:
  • Wednesday-Powell
  • Friday-Long
  • Saturday-Powell
  • Sunday-Long
Powell would catch 3 if not all 4 for me. Why not give him the same chance to win the job long did?

Curious if there has ever been a catch, catch as much as Long has and not thrown anyone out in the history of SEC baseball.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Where in the HADES is Aaron Downs? I would much rather us DH Downs against lefties & Stevens/O'Brien/McKenzie against righties

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
We have two major issues with our line-up in my view. The biggest is we have three really bad hitters with two sub .200 guys and one hitting .231 in SEC play. Also two of those are in usually 'hitter' positions in DH and 3B.

The other that is not as significant, but frustrating nevertheless, is the unusually streaky nature of our 3 and 4 hitters and their struggle to make productive outs when needed. No better example than this weekend with Hines wearing the ball out while Jordan looked like he was swinging with his eyes closed. The team average in SEC play is 1K every 8 AB but those two together average 1K every 2.6 AB and when they are off they K pretty much every at bat.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
We have two major issues with our line-up in my view. The biggest is we have three really bad hitters with two sub .200 guys and one hitting .231 in SEC play. Also two of those are in usually 'hitter' positions in DH and 3B.

The other that is not as significant, but frustrating nevertheless, is the unusually streaky nature of our 3 and 4 hitters and their struggle to make productive outs when needed. No better example than this weekend with Hines wearing the ball out while Jordan looked like he was swinging with his eyes closed. The team average in SEC play is 1K every 8 AB but those two together average 1K every 2.6 AB and when they are off they K pretty much every at bat.
It is almost like the other team is cheating when they throw breaking pitches to DJ & Hines, but if either of them ever sees a fast ball!

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023

DJ is the K leader in the SEC. Compared to Huge Sac is night and day:

1714417840686.png

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The team average in SEC play is 1K every 8 AB but those two together average 1K every 2.6 AB and when they are off they K pretty much every at bat.
I wish we only struck out once every eight ABs.

Here are the numbers I have:
  • SEC (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 3.67 AB
  • State (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 3.79 AB
  • DJ / HH (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 2.58 AB
Even with those strikeouts, DJ and HH are two of three hitters (Hujsak the other) that have an above-average OPS compared to the entire league.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Gotta take the good with the bad. Jordan and Hines are two of the better hitters in the SEC. Strike outs are part of their game. Homers that carry teams to wins are part of their game too.

Unfortunately for us. We have 4-5 spots in our order that are just plain terrible, so if those guys dont hit, it just compounds our issues.

LSU had 5 guys in their order just like Hines last year. No one cared b/c they had 2 of the best hitters in the country in that lineup too.

Jordan and Hines arent the problem. Neither are their strikeouts. Its the Long, Koehler, Larry, DH spot that is the problem. Fix that and leave hines and jordan alone

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
The Condon numbers are insane, that guy makes SEC look like little league, I don’t know why he did not get drafted out of high school.
Charlie was a late bloomer. Didnt really even have any offers his senior year other than a "preferred" walk on at UGA(2 other D3 offers was it). From that until now, being comped to Aaron Judge. Crazy town.

• Wow
Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Curious if there has ever been a catch, catch as much as Long has and not thrown anyone out in the history of SEC baseball.
Fortunately for this weekend, Alabama is not very active on the base paths. Six stolen bases on seven attempts in SEC play (both lows in the league).

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Charlie was a late bloomer. Didnt really even have any offers his senior year other than a "preferred" walk on at UGA(2 other D3 offers was it). From that until now, being comped to Aaron Judge. Crazy town.

His numbers are insane. One thing I'll say for Montgomery. He didn't come to State, but at least he's trying to keep Condon from a triple crown with all those RBIs.

Top 7 hitters in average all with 14 or more homers. Seems unusual.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I wish we only struck out once every eight ABs.

Here are the numbers I have:
  • SEC (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 3.67 AB
  • State (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 3.79 AB
  • DJ / HH (vs. SEC) average: 1 K / 2.58 AB
Even with those strikeouts, DJ and HH are two of three hitters (Hujsak the other) that have an above-average OPS compared to the entire league.
Yeah my bad. Thanks for the correction. I picked up the walks number instead of Ks.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
He must have lost my number.

I assume he reads SixPack, so here is the lineup I would go with:

1-Mershon, SS
2-Jordan, RF
3-Hujsak, CF
4-Hines, 1B
5-Chance, LF
6-Pulliam, 2B
7-Powell, C/DH
8-Long, C/DH
9-Kohler, 3B

ETA: I would also bring Ligon out of the pen earlier.
No way in the world I'd bat Powell and Long both. I'd put Long on the bench and bat Powell 8, and insert Downs & Stevens as DH in 7th based on if we're facing a righty or lefty.

Reactions: HuntDawg and patdog