Looking for some good show recommendations

Gibbs6

Redshirt
Sep 25, 2026
76
32
7
Seems like the no pics wife and I just wrapped up watching a few different series lately.
Paradise and Outer Banks were the last two. Any suggestions on some good shows/series. I’d prefer something that has at least 4-5 seasons as I don’t want to be looking for something new again soon and I also don’t want to watch a season and then needing to be waiting for a new season to come out.
Thanks in advance.
 

Rastafarian

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2025
1,458
2,133
113
Seems like the no pics wife and I just wrapped up watching a few different series lately.
Paradise and Outer Banks were the last two. Any suggestions on some good shows/series. I’d prefer something that has at least 4-5 seasons as I don’t want to be looking for something new again soon and I also don’t want to watch a season and then needing to be waiting for a new season to come out.
Thanks in advance.
White lotus
Schitts creek
Narcos
Succession
Silicon valley
Breaking bad
Better call saul
Barry
 

LafayetteBear

Heisman
Nov 30, 2009
35,104
10,589
113
I tend to prefer foreign made shows over the usual glop of American made police, fire, EMT, and hospital shows. There are some really good American made shows (a number of them are named in posts above this one), but I have found that some other countries produce interesting and entertaining shows. But in most cases, you have to be willing to either: (1) watch a version that has a dubbed English language audio (so that the actors' lips do not match the sound you are hearing, kind of like old Japanese monster movies); or (2) if you prefer that the audio be in the original language, read subtitles as you go along. I prefer the subtitles, particularly since I can back things up a few seconds if I miss something.

I have watched a fair amount of foreign language programming and I tend to favor Korean, Turkish, Spanish, and Brazilian TV series. Mainly on Netflix, because Amazon and Hulu have too many damn commercials.
 

Gibbs6

Redshirt
Sep 25, 2026
76
32
7
I guess I should have specified that we have most streaming apps but not hbo max or Apple + although I feel like we may get Apple + again as we still need to watch the new season of Ted lasso.
 

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,672
4,948
113
I guess I should have specified that we have most streaming apps but not hbo max or Apple + although I feel like we may get Apple + again as we still need to watch the new season of Ted lasso.
And for Slow Horses.

I assume you've watched For All Mankind and the Star City spinoff.

Another unique and interesting show on AppleTV is Sugar.

I liked Lucky, too, although it took me a couple of episodes to decide it was good.
 

Gibbs6

Redshirt
Sep 25, 2026
76
32
7
And for Slow Horses.

I assume you've watched For All Mankind and the Star City spinoff.

Another unique and interesting show on AppleTV is Sugar.

I liked Lucky, too, although it took me a couple of episodes to decide it was good.
Only show we watched on Apple + was Ted Lasso. Basically got the subscription to watch it and then canceled it right after.
I don’t really see the need to have subscriptions to Disney, Hulu, Netflix and Prime already when I basically get to watch tv from 9-10 at night when we get the kids down for bed.
 

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,672
4,948
113
Only show we watched on Apple + was Ted Lasso. Basically got the subscription to watch it and then canceled it right after.
I don’t really see the need to have subscriptions to Disney, Hulu, Netflix and Prime already when I basically get to watch tv from 9-10 at night when we get the kids down for bed.
Sort of like me . . . I signed up just to watch For All Mankind and then discovered Ted Lasso.

For All Mankind is top 5 sci-fi this millennium (along with The Expanse, Battlestar Galactica, Fringe, and something I'm forgetting). So if you like sci-fi and haven't seen them, there are 4 to check out.
 

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,672
4,948
113
Here's an argument I've heard several times that I've never quite understood....

Me: You should check out show ABC. It's the best show I've seen in a decade. I'm confident you'll love it. It's really great.

Other guy: Nah. I have plenty of pretty good stuff to watch - more than I'll ever be able to catch up on. Why would I want to watch something really great?
 

Fac

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2001
2,004
2,194
113
I tend to prefer foreign made shows over the usual glop of American made police, fire, EMT, and hospital shows. There are some really good American made shows (a number of them are named in posts above this one), but I have found that some other countries produce interesting and entertaining shows. But in most cases, you have to be willing to either: (1) watch a version that has a dubbed English language audio (so that the actors' lips do not match the sound you are hearing, kind of like old Japanese monster movies); or (2) if you prefer that the audio be in the original language, read subtitles as you go along. I prefer the subtitles, particularly since I can back things up a few seconds if I miss something.

I have watched a fair amount of foreign language programming and I tend to favor Korean, Turkish, Spanish, and Brazilian TV series. Mainly on Netflix, because Amazon and Hulu have too many damn commercials.
I would have thought you would have said that you really liked Brokeback Mountain
 

FLaw47

All-American
Dec 23, 2010
3,870
5,467
113
I would have thought you would have said that you really liked Brokeback Mountain

Sleepy GIF
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,621
5,430
113
I tend to prefer foreign made shows over the usual glop of American made police, fire, EMT, and hospital shows. There are some really good American made shows (a number of them are named in posts above this one), but I have found that some other countries produce interesting and entertaining shows. But in most cases, you have to be willing to either: (1) watch a version that has a dubbed English language audio (so that the actors' lips do not match the sound you are hearing, kind of like old Japanese monster movies); or (2) if you prefer that the audio be in the original language, read subtitles as you go along. I prefer the subtitles, particularly since I can back things up a few seconds if I miss something.

I have watched a fair amount of foreign language programming and I tend to favor Korean, Turkish, Spanish, and Brazilian TV series. Mainly on Netflix, because Amazon and Hulu have too many damn commercials.

Ew.
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,621
5,430
113
Here's an argument I've heard several times that I've never quite understood....

Me: You should check out show ABC. It's the best show I've seen in a decade. I'm confident you'll love it. It's really great.

Other guy: Nah. I have plenty of pretty good stuff to watch - more than I'll ever be able to catch up on. Why would I want to watch something really great?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they didn't actually say "Why would I want to watch something really great?" Instead, you just don't seem able to accept that people don't want to watch what you like, and they were trying to be nice by suggesting they already have a backlog of shows they can't get through, but want to watch.
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,621
5,430
113
Wait. Weren't you just posting "Ew" with respect to my expressed preference in TV shows?

Yes, and now you seem to be insufferably suffering the same fate.

I would hope you'd be able to distinguish between "I can't understand why people don't want to take my advice about what's awesome" and "I don't like what you like." But maybe I expect too much? Perhaps I should write it in a foreign language and then provide English subtitles? Beurk. Uwa. 우웩. Öğğ. ¡Puaj! Eca! Bäh
 
Last edited:

Gibbs6

Redshirt
Sep 25, 2026
76
32
7
Here's an argument I've heard several times that I've never quite understood....

Me: You should check out show ABC. It's the best show I've seen in a decade. I'm confident you'll love it. It's really great.

Other guy: Nah. I have plenty of pretty good stuff to watch - more than I'll ever be able to catch up on. Why would I want to watch something really great?
Are you saying I’m that person? I simply said I don’t have the streaming services that some people have mentioned. I don’t care to pay for another streaming service on top of what I already subscribe to. I will admit a few suggested shows look good but at the is point I’m not going to pay for it when I’m sure good shows are available on Netflix, Hulu and Disney which I already pay for.
 

Gibbs6

Redshirt
Sep 25, 2026
76
32
7
The Vikings, John Adams, Peaky Blinders
I watch the Vikings every Sunday they are on local television. Is the Vikings supposed to be somewhat similar to the game of thrones? Already watched peaky blinders and don’t have hbo max to watch John Adams.
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Wednesday Clemson Football & Recruiting Insider
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Wednesday Clemson Football Recruiting Nuggets
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Behind recent Clemson vs. Miami recruiting battles 
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football An object of intrigue within Clemson's defense moving forward
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Dabo Swinney on elite Miami team, Ashton Hampton, injuries, night game atmosphere & more