Lots of chatter on Twitter about Mullen as OC

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That's not trash talk. That is the truth. He couldn't get playing time at VT. Satterfield coached him up and beat Florida with him. Only a moron would think that was a negative.

Well, to be fair, the Samford QB also lit up UF's D in Gainesville the week after we beat them at WB. And Brown was pretty bad against Missouri the following week.

Reactions: Lurker123

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Anybody? What a biased idiot. Not surprising, considering your leanings. Let me guess. Inflation now cycles in 30, no 35, no 40, no wait 25 years. LOL
We will see who we get. He will be better. It would be hard to be worse. Only a moron like you would think differently. By the way, I agree with Go Gamecocks description of you, as probably most do on here. LOL

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
No matter if someone is pro- or anti-Satterfield, it's not hard to think that we could, at the very least, get someone as good as him as OC. It's quite reasonable to think we could upgrade. Beamer is in a MUCH stronger position than he was 2 years ago when Satterfield was an emergency hire.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
We will see who we get. He will be better. It would be hard to be worse. Only a moron like you would think differently. By the way, I agree with Go Gamecocks description of you, as probably most do on here. LOL

Really? Because Spurrier was worse 9 of his 11 seasons here in points per game, and worse 7 of his 11 seasons in yards per game.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Really? Because Spurrier was worse 9 of his 11 seasons here in points per game, and worse 7 of his 11 seasons in yards per game.

We all know Spurrier underwhelmed here offensively. But his best teams were built around defense anyway. Top 10 or Top 15 every year in our 11 win seasons.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
No matter if someone is pro- or anti-Satterfield, it's not hard to think that we could, at the very least, get someone as good as him as OC. It's quite reasonable to think we could upgrade. Beamer is in a MUCH stronger position than he was 2 years ago when Satterfield was an emergency hire.

You have a point. People seem to forget what Beamer and Satterfield inherited, especially on offense. To go from that, to an 8 win season that ended with a beatdown of Tennessee and a win over Clemson @ Clemson is nothing short of miraculous. The absurd hate for Satterfield and what he did while here is a very, very bad look. Without a doubt, left us in a much better place than he found us. Got some really ******, ungrateful people in our fanbase.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
You are a Satterfield guy. The rest of us are not. I feel bad for you that your guy is gone. But, only for you. The rest of us are fine with it. Satterfield being gone won't change. And that's a fact. You don't always get what you want. Do I believe Beamer will get someone better to replace Satterfield? If his hires of Clayton White and Pete Lembo, both Broyles Award nominees in the past for the Top Assistant Coach in the nation, is any indication, he will.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
You are a Satterfield guy. The rest of us are not. I feel bad for you that your guy is gone. But, only for you. The rest of us are fine with it. Satterfield being gone won't change. And that's a fact. You don't always get what you want. Do I believe Beamer will get someone better to replace Satterfield? If his hires of Clayton White and Pete Lembo, both Broyles Award nominees in the past for the Top Assistant Coach in the nation, is any indication, he will.

It'll be hard to do worse than Satterfield. You can forgive Beamer for that hire because he turned around and made it in about 48 hours after the last guy left.

Now he's got time, and he should take it. His coaching career here needs an improvement at OC, not another mistake.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
If going from 2 wins in a season to ranked #19 in the nation while destroying Tennessee and knocking Clemson out of the playoffs is a "mistake", we need another mistake just like that.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
It'll be hard to do worse than Satterfield. You can forgive Beamer for that hire because he turned around and made it in about 48 hours after the last guy left.

Now he's got time, and he should take it. His coaching career here needs an improvement at OC, not another mistake.
I look at the hires of White and Lembo, both Coordinators have been Broyles Award nominees for the top assistant coach in the nation in the past and, I'm really enthused as to who Shane will bring in. I don't know how any true Gamecock fan cannot be about the future.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
If going from 2 wins in a season to ranked #19 in the nation while destroying Tennessee and knocking Clemson out of the playoffs is a "mistake", we need another mistake just like that.

Well, first you have to ignore the schedule anamoly in that 2 win season. Then you have to give all the credit for the defense, the special teams and Beamer to Satterfield to make that argument.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Well, first you have to ignore the schedule anamoly in that 2 win season. Then you have to give all the credit for the defense, the special teams and Beamer to Satterfield to make that argument.
When you look at this season, special teams saved us. When you look at last season, it was the defense that saved us. Coincidentally, White was a Broyles nominee last year. Lembo was this year.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Rhule was unemployed and looking to get back into college coaching. The Louisiana coach had bigger aspirations and ended up achieving them.

We can argue that Nebraska pays more than sc, but that's about it. Nebraska is an also ran in a conference that is a step down from the SEC. They are a step down from us.
I don't know. Nebraska has some serious history and some serious fans. They pack their very cool stadium and travel like crazy. Plus, there's no real competition in-state. They're kinda like LSU or UTk in that regard. BIG0 has 2 teams in the playoffs this year. I wouldn't sneer at either the BIG0 or Nebraska.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I don't know. Nebraska has some serious history and some serious fans. They pack their very cool stadium and travel like crazy. Plus, there's no real competition in-state. They're kinda like LSU or UTk in that regard. BIG0 has 2 teams in the playoffs this year. I wouldn't sneer at either the BIG0 or Nebraska.

I feel like that serious history is a long time in the rearview mirror though.

They have rabid fans, and they spend money, but strike me as a team out of place in the B10, with some serious recruiting hurdles.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Yes. I wanted to keep everything exactly like it was. We obviously had figured something out. Ain't broke. Don't fix it.
Didn’t we figure it out in the bowl game last year? As much as I hoped we figured it out, I full expected us to do the same ole crap next season. We had 2 really good games this season, with Satterfield coaching for his life. What about the other ones?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Nice try princess. You can follow your love to Lincoln now. :love:

Nope. Not going anywhere. Will stay here and support the next OC while morons do everything you can to tear them down.

And it will happen. As sure as the sun rises in the east. I've seen this movie before.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Nope. Not going anywhere. Will stay here and support the next OC while morons do everything you can to tear them down.

And it will happen. As sure as the sun rises in the east. I've seen this movie before.
I don't agree with that. Well, my approach is this: I was not pleased with our defense this year. But, I don't believe I nor anyone else was on Clayton White. I can speak only for myself but, I was not on his case because of his track record, Coming into this season, he had produced 4 Top 50 defenses in his 5 years as a DC and, he was a 4-time nominee for the Broyles Award. So, I was and am willing to give him a break this year. I realize that you feel differently about Satterfield. But, for me, and probably others, Satterfield did not come in with the same nor similar successes. So, one gets more leeway than the other. I think I and others try to be fair and reasonable.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022

We've seen your movie before princess...it's called a coach fetish.

• Haha

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
We've seen your movie before princess...it's called a coach fetish.

LOL. You're just another one of the idiots that expected our offense to become the Patriots with Tom Brady. It's not going to happen fast with anybody, much less 2 years out from a total disaster. Like I said, some people need a reality check. You would think that recent coaching searches would have done that, but obviously not. Got some slow learners in here.

Last edited:

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
It's not going to happen fast with anybody, much less 2 years out from a total disaster.

Well, you can't say "anybody" since someone in our division did it. Granted, they are an outlier, but it's hard to say it can't be done when we got to watch it happen.

And I'll go ahead and add that you'll reply with how badly we beat them this year. I'll respond with that not changing the offensive improvement in their first two years. Then you'll just post the score over and over.

Last edited:

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Anybody hearing that crazy rumor about Spurrier? All I heard was something about Spurrier.

I just showed you the numbers, since people are so obsessed with whatever stat fits their agenda.

If they don't support your bias, then you can disregard, but it still won't change the numbers.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
I feel like that serious history is a long time in the rearview mirror though.

They have rabid fans, and they spend money, but strike me as a team out of place in the B10, with some serious recruiting hurdles.
Not to mention Lincoln is in the middle of nowhere with some bitter winter weather.
The days of them running smash-mouth wishbone football behind huge OLs are long in the past. Remember Tommie Frazier?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
My frustrations with Satterfield did not lie so much with the the lack offensive production but with stubborn refusal to adapt. We kept doing things that weren't working, over and over and over again. I never got the sense that he was looking for ways to maximize production. Then he could come out in pressers after our run game was abysmal and say that he thought we did a good job running the ball.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Mullen in 2021: 30.7 points per game with 6 five stars and 50 four stars
Satt in 2022: 31.7 points per game with 3 five stars and 21 four stars.

So, yeah, if you want somebody that scored fewer points with FAR more talent, then hire Mullen.

Hell to the No.
So you compare Satt's best year with Mullen's worst? That's fair (roll eyes). What about their other years?

Sorry for your loss but Satt's gone "bye bye."

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Two coaching searches.

They landed Rhule.
We were turned down by the head coach of Louisiana. Not LSU, Louisiana. Even Rick Rod turned us down in a previous search, thank goodness.

Some of you need a real reality check.
Napier didn't turn us down, so to speak. He had already completed his interview process with Tanner. Then President Caslen and certain hand selected members of the board got involved and wanted to interview Napier again....Napier declined their request. The president nor the board members were going to agree to his salary request or the money he wanted for assistants regardless.

Latest posts