Lots of chatter on Twitter about Mullen as OC

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Rankings don't show on the scoreboard. Only points. We should demand someone who can actually score more points. Spurrier only had more ppg than we did this year twice in his 11 years, so the bar is pretty high.

But Beamer is in a bad spot. Portal wide open. Players looking to move. No idea who will be running our offense next year. Pretty obvious he never planned to be in this situation, or we would have an OC by now. The longer we wait, the worse off we will be. Got caught without a Plan B.

Reactions: 92Pony

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Except that scoreboard also counts defensive and special teams scores, and doesn't take into account games like A&M where our offense was handed 17 out of 30 points.

But I can agree with people who wouldn't want to hire Mullen. I don't either. No matter how much better he is than Satterfield. I think pretty much everyone is happy Shane gave that guy his walking papers.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
NEVER seen random offensive stats used to determine a winner. Ever. And when you have more than TWICE as many 5 star and 4 star players, it shouldn't even be close.

Now we have nothing, and the portal is wide open. Very clear nobody was given any papers. Nobody gets fired from a program that never won anything and then lands the same job 15 minutes later at a program with 5 national championships and 46 conference championships. lol

Only our stupid fanbase could rationalize that.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Don't think I've ever seen offensive rankings called "random stats" before, nor 77th and 15th ( or 9th) described as "close". But, if we're just that desperate to stir up drama, I guess anything goes.

At least we agree that we don't want Mullen, no matter how much better he is than that guy Shane got rid of.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Mullen in 2021: 30.7 points per game with 6 five stars and 50 four stars
Satt in 2022: 31.7 points per game with 3 five stars and 21 four stars.

So, yeah, if you want somebody that scored fewer points with FAR more talent, then hire Mullen.

Hell to the No.
Curious because I don't know the answer. Was the 31.7 offensive points or total team points?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe, but we had more special teams points than most team have had. I guess it's irrelevant at this point. Let's trust Beamer's decision.

All totals are team points, for both teams.

But Mullen has TWICE as many 5 stars and OVER TWICE as many 4 stars. Shouldn't even be close. The definition of doing less with more.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Don't think I've ever seen offensive rankings called "random stats" before, nor 77th and 15th ( or 9th) described as "close". But, if we're just that desperate to stir up drama, I guess anything goes.

At least we agree that we don't want Mullen, no matter how much better he is than that guy Shane got rid of.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The fact that we are without an OC at this critical time tells the story. Unless you count phantom play caller. Maybe he is taking care of the portal for us too.

• Haha

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe, but we had more special teams points than most team have had. I guess it's irrelevant at this point. Let's trust Beamer's decision.

It is apples to apples, and yes, it includes special teams and defensive scores.

I agree with you though. We should trust Beamers decision to send Satterfield packing.

Reactions: WingchunCock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Whatever helps you sleep at night. The fact that we are without an OC at this critical time tells the story. Unless you count phantom play caller. Maybe he is taking care of the portal for us too.

Without an OC because Beamer got rid of him .

I trust Beamer. Apparently you don't.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
It is apples to apples, and yes, it includes special teams and defensive scores.

I agree with you though. We should trust Beamers decision to send Satterfield packing.

We got dumped. Deal with it. Unless you can name one credible source that says he was fired.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
You have a strange notion of what "fact" means.

And apparently no trust in Beamer. I suppose it's sour grapes after he sent your husband packing.

I trust Beamer. Like when he said that Satterfield decided to leave.

None of this is Beamer's fault. Idiot fans undermined him. No way he chooses to be in this spot right now. Stupid fans keep it up, and he might get tired of it and leave too,.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I trust Beamer. Like when he said that Satterfield decided to leave.

None of this is Beamer's fault. Idiot fans undermined him. No way he chooses to be in this spot right now. Stupid fans keep it up, and he might get tired of it and leave too,.

Yeah, I'm glad Beamer got rid of Satterfield too.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
All totals are team points, for both teams.

But Mullen has TWICE as many 5 stars and OVER TWICE as many 4 stars. Shouldn't even be close. The definition of doing less with more.
I am not defending Mullen or putting down Satterfield but points per game vs 5 stars is not the way to look at this. Personally, I'm indifferent on Mullen but he has proven over the years he could be a successful OC. There are several I would certainly take in front of him.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I am not defending Mullen or putting down Satterfield but points per game vs 5 stars is not the way to look at this. Personally, I'm indifferent on Mullen but he has proven over the years he could be a successful OC. There are several I would certainly take in front of him.

Agreed. I don't like his baggage/personality. I don't think he'd fit with Beamer very well.

Reactions: Viennacock

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Agreed. I don't like his baggage/personality. I don't think he'd fit with Beamer very well.
Why does Mullen not fit with Beamer? I certainly don't vacation together with people and their families that don't fit. Imo Mullen wouldn't be a home run hire. He would be a grand slam.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Why does Mullen not fit with Beamer? I certainly don't vacation together with people and their families that don't fit. Imo Mullen wouldn't be a home run hire. He would be a grand slam.
Why would he be a grand slam hire? If I were a player and he was hired, I would be tempted to enter the portal myself.
Mullen is an arrogant, bad news, retread TV commentator.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Why would he be a grand slam hire? If I were a player and he was hired, I would be tempted to enter the portal myself.
Mullen is an arrogant, bad news, retread TV commentator.
Bad news? You have an opinion. I have an opinion. His body of work AS AN OC is better than all the other names I'm seeing on the list. Arrogant? You mean like Spurrier Arrogant? Or Satterfield arrogant?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

I was thinking of the fight he was involved in at UF and Missouri, and then he came out in a Darth Vader outfit afterwards for the press conference.

I just had the impression of him more of an a-hole type that wouldn't fit with Beamers family persona.

I will give you that as an OC, he would easily be an upgrade over Satterfield.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Can't forget that Mullen fired Torrian Gray from UF. Would it be awkward to have them working together again? Would Beamer want to introduce any possible friction to the staff?

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
I was thinking of the fight he was involved in at UF and Missouri, and then he came out in a Darth Vader outfit afterwards for the press conference.

I just had the impression of him more of an a-hole type that wouldn't fit with Beamers family persona.

I will give you that as an OC, he would easily be an upgrade over Satterfield.
You know that the Beamers and the Mullens vacation together, I read that on this board. That should take care of the "fit" question. Upgrade over Satterfield? So is everyone else on the list. But their resumes don't come close to Mullen's.

Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
You know that the Beamers and the Mullens vacation together, I read that on this board. That should take care of the "fit" question. Upgrade over Satterfield? So is everyone else on the list. But their resumes don't come close to Mullen's.

I did not know that, and yes, it goes a long way to saying if they could work together.

And to be fair, my dog might be a upgrade over Satterfield.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Bad news? You have an opinion. I have an opinion. His body of work AS AN OC is better than all the other names I'm seeing on the list. Arrogant? You mean like Spurrier Arrogant? Or Satterfield arrogant?
Beamer has an excellent player relationship personality - Mullen does not. Not a good fit regardless of any past success as an OC.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Did you read the replies to that tweet?

I'm pretty sure Thamel knows more about it than a bunch of random twitter twitts.

But maybe it really is a huge conspiracy spanning multiple schools and coaches to protect an OC that is supposed to be terrible. Maybe even Tennessee was in on it and gave up 63 on purpose. MAYBE Dabo did the same. WOW.

Must be a hell of a guy for everybody to lie for him and put their careers on the line. Even have a phantom offensive genius hiding out secretly giving him calls. Incredible.

Or maybe it was aliens. LOL.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I call it public vs private. Don't hurt anyone's feelings publicly but give them the truth behind closed doors.
Satt got his message and the media got theirs.

That makes too much sense to be true. We should believe that he took a downward step in his career, away from a boss who he was a groomsman for, amidst smashing success, just because.....

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I call it public vs private. Don't hurt anyone's feelings publicly but give them the truth behind closed doors.
Satt got his message and the media got theirs.

Yeah, the whole world is lying for Marcus Satterfield. LOL

Ridiculous. He must be the most amazing person in the history of the world other than Jesus. LOL

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
That makes too much sense to be true. We should believe that he took a downward step in his career, away from a boss who he was a groomsman for, amidst smashing success, just because.....

Go look at Nebraska's trophy case and look at our's and come back and tell me what you see. And with their new deal, they will have more money too.

Nobody would choose us over Nebraska. We couldn't even hold on to Mike Bobo.

Latest posts