Mark Kingston: 'There's a lot of reasons for optimism' for offense

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
We've gone into other seasons recently with the same plan and expectations as described and for whatever reason, scrapped them midseason. Be nice to see us ready for anything, continue that through conference play and not bail on it. Hoping Chad Caillet is the difference.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
We've gone into other seasons recently with the same plan and expectations as described and for whatever reason, scrapped them midseason. Be nice to see us ready for anything, continue that through conference play and not bail on it. Hoping Chad Caillet is the difference.
All we need …..more hitters like Brady Thomas……bat meets ball, “hit em where they ain’t.”

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
All we need …..more hitters like Brady Thomas……bat meets ball, “hit em where they ain’t.”
That's exactly what I want to see. That and whatever we attempt to do at the plate, we at least look like we've worked on it in practice. That's it.

Reactions: Cackmandu

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
I don't care how much offense we have. If our pitching doesn't shore up, it's going to be a long season.
In practices, has it been depth of pitching or just not so good overall? Seems I've read others speaking not so highly of the pitching.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
In practices, has it been depth of pitching or just not so good overall? Seems I've read others speaking not so highly of the pitching.
The scrimmages I've been too, I'm not liking what I'm seeing overall.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Well I can view a turd and tell you it stinks without eating it. I’m sure there are those out there that can use their eyes to see what’s what.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
I'll take that as a bad sign. Some of you baseball aficionados might want to get a short list going.
I'm going to keep my mouth shut this time. Last time when I mentioned Lemonis as a potential coach, I was basically told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I'm going to keep my mouth shut this time. Last time when I mentioned Lemonis as a potential coach, I was basically told I didn't know what I was talking about.
I was with you on Lemonis. What he did at IU was amazing.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
What an ignorant remark for someone to make.
It's ok. I had my "I told you so" moment after this year's CWS when some of the "experts" were wondering why we didn't consider Lemonis. Some of the very ones who said I was crazy 5 years ago. The words "Maybe I do, in fact, know a thing or two about baseball" might have come out of my mouth.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
It's ok. I had my "I told you so" moment after this year's CWS when some of the "experts" were wondering why we didn't consider Lemonis. Some of the very ones who said I was crazy 5 years ago. The words "Maybe I do, in fact, know a thing or two about baseball" might have come out of my mouth.
I consider you the resident baseball authority on the board. You've been involved with the game seriously for a long time, haven't you?

Reactions: Rogue Cock

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
I consider you the resident baseball authority on the board. You've been involved with the game seriously for a long time, haven't you?
I have been going to games since I was 5 (1979). And of course I spent 4 seasons on the field, and many of my closest (to this day) friends played for us. Daddy taught me the game. I'd watch baseball 24/7/365 if I could. I'd gladly give up football in favor of baseball.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
“With him, he’s big on approach. That’s one thing I’d say is different this year. We’re hunting for a pitch in a particular spot and if we don’t get it we’re spitting on it,” Josiah Sightler said. “Guys are a lot more comfortable being behind in counts. We’re comfortable hitting with two strikes.”

I can't say I'm ever very happy that guys are chirping about being real comfortable hitting from behind. This approach gives the sense of panic strike three swinging and taking a lot of pitches. (Spitting seems out of place here....sitting on it?)

When we have had trouble hitting historically, its been the offspeed stuff which has killed us. That, or taking too many pitches.

This and what I hear from Batgirl concerns me. Hitting coaches don't step in the box. Let's see what we have at "play ball."

Last edited:

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
“With him, he’s big on approach. That’s one thing I’d say is different this year. We’re hunting for a pitch in a particular spot and if we don’t get it we’re spitting on it,” Josiah Sightler said. “Guys are a lot more comfortable being behind in counts. We’re comfortable hitting with two strikes.”

I can't say I'm ever very happy that guys are chirping about being real comfortable hitting from behind. This approach gives the sense of panic strike three swinging and taking a lot of pitches. (Spitting seems out of place here....sitting on it?)

When we have had trouble hitting historically, its been the offspeed stuff which has killed us. That, or taking too many pitches.

This and what I hear from Batgirl concerns me. Hitting coaches don't step in the box. Let's see what we have at "play ball."

I'm interested to see what exactly our approach will be with two strikes. Hard to read between the lines there when it hasnt always been clear what we are trying to do in the past. So what will it be, will it be consistant throughout the lineup and will the guys stick with it. The rubber is about to meet the road.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022

I don't see how being comfortable when behind in the count is a good thing unless we're talking about Ted Williams. I'm betting none of these guys is another Ted Williams.

Latest posts