Marques Bolden

Lob2Davis

Sophomore
Mar 31, 2014
792
170
0
I'm pretty sure that Cal has already said that Wenyen will be on the wing. I could very well see that as a front line and could see Bolden thinking that he beats out Humphries for the 5 spot. (I don't think that happens BTW). The limiting factor for me is simply numbers. Will we have the available scholarships? We have to send a bunch of guys to the draft in order to do so.
Scholarships aren't an issue. Assuming we lose Poy, Lee, Ulis, Skal, Murray and Briscoe we'll have one scholarship available plus Floreal's if we need it. So if those players leave Cal can bring in 2 more, hopefully Kobi Simmons will be one. If Bolden wants to join the party, come on down but that ain't never happening.
 

UKCAT5FAN

All-Conference
May 9, 2010
5,284
3,821
113
Not seeing it unless Cal is giving up on Humphries as a sophomore already, which I highly doubt. Only way I could see it happening is if Cal goes super-big next year with Wenyan at the 3. Bam goes to the 4 spot (with SKJ giving support), and Bolden/Humphries compete at the 5.

I guess it could happen from a minutes perspective but who in their right mind thinks Bolden would go for it when Kansas has tons of minutes next year in their otherwise emaciated frontline?


I think Wenyen will play at the 3 spot.
 

UKCAT5FAN

All-Conference
May 9, 2010
5,284
3,821
113
Besides Simmons, can you name which guys you would take over Skal right now?


Probably not at this moment but the draft isn't right now and he does need to progress and get better as the season moves forward. I don't think he ever drops too far just based off potential but I could see other players make the jump ahead of him if he continues to struggle like last night. Will most definitely be watching how he responds tomorrow. I think Skal, above all others, really needs Tyler back in the lineup. I really just want to see him play hard and aggressive. Doesn't have that fight that Cal talks about. Watch out if he does though!
 
Jul 28, 2006
11,296
16,072
113
Would love to have Bolden, but just don't see that happening, what with the bigs we'll have on the roster. KU makes the most sense as far as playing time is concerned.
 

FFWhite

All-American
Dec 20, 2006
26,554
7,738
98
Skal will be ok. Cal is pushing him outside his comfort zone. He will get it in January and we will forget these early struggles.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026
  3. 03 KSR Cats in the NFL BBNFL Week 4: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone (again)
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB has a versatile trio of 6-foot-5 Wildcats: 'We call them our 6-5s'
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky is very familiar with LSU QB Sam Leavitt