Marsha Blackburn is being considered for Trumps VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
according to an insider on SiriusXM this morning. Mentioned Tim Scott, JD Vance, Mike Pompeo and Marsha Blackburn.

A Mississippi State alum that close to the Presidency?

I find it interesting that three of the candidates have non-elite undergraduate educations:

Scott (Charleston Southern)
Vance (Ohio State)
Blackburn (Mississippi State)

Pompeo went to West Point.

Oh, and...

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
according to an insider on SiriusXM this morning. Mentioned Tim Scott, JD Vance, Mike Pompeo and Marsha Blackburn.

A Mississippi State alum that close to the Presidency?

I find it interesting that three of the candidates have non-elite undergraduate educations:

Scott (Charleston Southern)
Vance (Ohio State)
Blackburn (Mississippi State)

Pompeo went to West Point.

Oh, and...

Every time I hear her speak I am SHOCKED she has a college degree from anywhere, much less my beloved alma mater.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm absolutely not going to vote for either Biden or Trump but I'm thinking if Trump gets elected again the primary benefit will be that he cannot run again in 2028 and will have to go away.
I have thought the exact same thing. If he doesn’t win he will be back again and again until he dies.

Reactions: FormerBully

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm absolutely not going to vote for either Biden or Trump but I'm thinking if Trump gets elected again the primary benefit will be that he cannot run again in 2028 and will have to go away.
Trump is what, 78? Biden 81. It may not be up to either of them to even be "available" to run in 2028 no matter which wins.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It's awesome to see a MSU alumnus do so well. Go Marsha!

with that said, the NWO isn't going to allow Trump to win. They have more cases lineup against him and if it comes to it... ballot boxes to stuff.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I feel like Trump was headed towards Noem being VP until this whole dog-killing thing. Maybe the the same with Katie Britt before her SOTU response.

It’s tough to find a Republican woman in politics. I could see him picking his daughter.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I am so beyond done with both of them. The last election killed any interest I have in politics and I have not consumed any kind of political opinion media in almost four years now. Even stopped keeping up with analysts whose opinions I largely agreed with.

This election is a lot like a sequel to a movie that sucked but it made the studio money so they green lit a second one and you know it’s gonna suck too. 2020 was the Phantom Menace of elections, 2024 is Attack of the Clones.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
If Trump selects a woman, it will be Gabbard.
He could do worse. I'm not convinced she'd accept but I guess that kind of power is impossible to refuse for the type of people who become politicians.

Seems like he really wants to pick a woman. I'm guessing because women refuse to vote for him and he's trying to win some back. Kristi Nowm was supposedly at the top until she shot herself in the foot with her autobiography.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Trump does not get into Identities politics. He is not making his selection based on race or gender. No matter who it is they will be better than what the other side has.

He's making his pick based on what the power brokers are telling him he needs to do just like every other candidate. Trump isn't immune to lobbyists.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
She's 71. I'm sick of the 17ing olds man.

Of that crew, give Tim Scott 10 outta 10 times. For the simple fact that the others are boomers or millennials.

So she's a little dried up, why do you ageists have to be so stubborn and cruel?

Imagine the largess she could bring to Starkville and the state.

Go Marsha. Trump/Blackburn 2024 and FOREVER!

Last edited:

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Aren't VP candidates often from swing states? Blackburn from MS/TN, states that are solidly red.
Like Nebraska and Tennessee becoming nationally irrelevant in football once social media was invented, I think the same thing happened to that conventional wisdom.

2020: California and Indiana (both solid)
2016: Virginia and Indiana (argument for VA, but probably solid)
2012: Delaware and Wisconsin (Wisconsin was swing)
2008: Delaware and Alaska (both solid)
2004: Wyoming/Texas and North Carolina (NC was swing)
2000: Wyoming/Texas and Connecticut (both solid)
1996: Tennessee and New York (both solid but the opposite side)

Status
Not open for further replies.