Marsha Blackburn is being considered for Trumps VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I feel like Trump was headed towards Noem being VP until this whole dog-killing thing.
Also, she supposedly made a false claim about meeting the North Korean dictator.

“I had the chance to travel to many countries to meet with world leaders—some who wanted our help, and some who didn’t,” the New York Times quoted Noem as writing. “I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. I’m sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I’d been a children’s pastor, after all). Dealing with foreign leaders takes resolve, preparation, and determination.”

After doubt was cast upon this account, Noem and her spokesperson Ian Fury told news outlets the statement shouldn’t have been in the book and would be corrected ahead of publication.

In an interview with CBS News’ Face the Nation that aired on May 5, journalist Margaret Brennan asked Noem: “Did you meet Kim Jong Un?”

“Well you know, as soon as this was brought to my attention, I certainly made some changes and looked at this passage, and I’ve met with many, many world leaders, I’ve traveled around the world,” Noem responded. “As soon as it was brought to my attention, we went forward and have made some edits. So I'm glad that this book is being released in a couple of days, and that those edits will be in place, and that people will have the updated version.”

Brennan then asked: “So you did not meet with Kim Jong Un? That's what you're saying.”

“No, I’ve met with many, many world leaders,” Noem said. “...I’m not going to talk about my specific meetings with world leaders, I’m just not going to do that. This anecdote shouldn’t have been in the book and as soon as it was brought to my attention, I made sure that was adjusted.”

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I personally believe that local politics is where most attention should be. My crooked supervisors in Madison affect my family more than who the President is. And with $35 trillion in debt, I'm not sure it matters who the President is. And no, Marsha Blackburn should not be considered for VP - which highlights the problem we have with national politics - society treats it like a sporting event. "Blackburn is loyal MAGA" Who cares - who is going to make the country better?

The average person can't tell you who their school board representative is. I'd venture to guess that most could not tell you who their state representative is (Mine has been indicted for racketeering, but taught Sunday School at a large Baptist church so it's okay).

I like JD Vance. I think I would like his wisdom closer to the President. It's not identity politics, but if I am truthful, he is the VP candidate that is being mentioned that best reflects my family's personal values. My vote does not matter here in Mississippi though.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I am so beyond done with both of them. The last election killed any interest I have in politics and I have not consumed any kind of political opinion media in almost four years now. Even stopped keeping up with analysts whose opinions I largely agreed with.

This election is a lot like a sequel to a movie that sucked but it made the studio money so they green lit a second one and you know it’s gonna suck too. 2020 was the Phantom Menace of elections, 2024 is Attack of the Clones.
Same, I checked out of all news and politics during Covid. I still vote but it's never taken me more than about 10 minutes of listening to a candidate to make up my mind, I don't need months and years of fake news and retiring to try and sway me

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
No, it’s not. She very clearly calls Griswold unconstitutional in her video. Which they recorded, BTW. It’s not like she got caught on a hot mic at a dinner party. She’s reading off a prompter in her office.

That doesnt mean she wants to reimplement the law that it struck down though. [Connecticut had a long list of outlawed obscenities. One of them being married people couldn’t get birth control].

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Republicans really need to get off this abortion and sanctity of life kick.
Yep. It's the economy, stupid.

Never underestimate either party's tendency to trip over their feet and minimize their chances in a national election.

IMG_6682.gif

Attachments

• IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
The day that being a member of congress became more about social media presence, and stock advice is the day we all lost regardless of political affiliation. The old saying seems to ring true from AOC to MTG these people say a lot and do nothing. I can guarantee you Adams and Jefferson are spinning in their graves knowing that being part of our government is no longer about constructive disagreement and more about clicks and seeing who can make the most outrageous comment. The other thing that drives me nuts about politicians is when they say America was founded as a Christian nation when it actually was founded as a country that wanted to divorce religion and politics. I also do not understand why being religious seems to justify pushing your morals onto everyone else.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
A quick wiki scan...

- she got caught up in the absurd Birther movement.
- she rejects there is concensus as to which things can cause chabge in climate.
- she supports government having power to restrict contraceptives for married couples.
- she is an active election denier and put forth multiple baseless claims and lies on the issue.
- she thinks increasing access to early education and childcare is a Soviet Communist view.
- she supports shutting the government down due to spending, and is part of the group that controls spending.
- she claims mental health issues need to be addressed, in response to mass shootings, but she doesn't support the ACA's increasing Healthcare coverage and has continually pushed to reduce the ACA's reach and impact.
- she doesn't support same sex marriage, even though it is simply a legal contract between consenting adults of sound mind and body, just like hetero-marriage.

...and much more.

Sounds cool.**

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
A quick wiki scan...

- she rejects there is concensus as to which things can cause chabge in climate.
- she supports government having power to restrict contraceptives for married couples.
- she is an active election denier and put forth multiple baseless claims and lies on the issue.
- she thinks increasing access to early education and childcare is a Soviet Communist view.
- she supports shutting the government down due to spending, and is part of the group that controls spending.
- she claims mental health issues need to be addressed, in response to mass shootings, but she doesn't support the ACA's increasing Healthcare coverage and has continually pushed to reduce the ACA's reach and impact.
- she doesn't support same sex marriage, even though it is simply a legal contract between consenting adults of sound mind and body, just like hetero-marriage.

...and much more.

Sounds cool.**

So she's a gottdam American!! Halle17nlujah!

Trump/Blackburn 2024 and FOREVER!

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
The day that being a member of congress became more about social media presence, and stock advice is the day we all lost regardless of political affiliation. The old saying seems to ring true from AOC to MTG these people say a lot and do nothing. I can guarantee you Adams and Jefferson are spinning in their graves knowing that being part of our government is no longer about constructive disagreement and more about clicks and seeing who can make the most outrageous comment. The other thing that drives me nuts about politicians is when they say America was founded as a Christian nation when is actually was founded as a country that wanted to divorce religion and politics. I also do not understand why being religious seems to justify pushing your morals onto everyone else.
Remember that Adams and Jefferson, after working well together, had a big beef, had surrogates writing nasty articles about each other (the social media of the day), and didn't speak for about 12 years. I'm usually slow to be in the "people used to never act like this" camp. I'm generally in the things are pretty much always the same. People are gonna people. We are pretty awful a lot of the times. It amazes me sometimes how we have lasted this long.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
A quick wiki scan...

...and much more.

Sounds cool.**
"- she rejects there is concensus as to which things can cause chabge in climate."

The consensus of whom exactly ?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I think the overarching theme of this thread just solidifies that most of government and its elected officials is FUBAR.
Yep. And our strategy at leading the executive for the next 4 years is electing a man that is very likely going to die or become incapacitated mid-term due to a rapidly deteriorating brain. Although one of their sets of lungs does seem to be significantly better with all the hot air they are capable of producing.

• Love
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.