Marsha Blackburn is being considered for Trumps VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
This is unintentionally an endorsement of Fox-style propaganda. AOC has accomplished much more as a lone Representative than most. Just for one she got her city not to waste $25B on Amazon HQ2, for which she was widely derided but ultimately proved right. But because she is left of center, there's been a long-running right wing campaign to label her as dumb. Anyone who actually listens to her speak would not put her in the bottom half of Cpmgressman at the worst, but the endless propaganda has its effect, even on those outside its audience such as yourself. Her leftist politics don't justify lumping her in with MTG. But the "both sides" impulse is strong.
That certainly was not my intention. I am just trying to make the point that most modern politicians are far less interested in working for the people, and far more interested in enriching themselves. AOC might be better than MTG, but that is a pretty low bar. Also I do not believe I called anyone dumb.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
This is unintentionally an endorsement of Fox-style propaganda. AOC has accomplished much more as a lone Representative than most. Just for one she got her city not to waste $25B on Amazon HQ2, for which she was widely derided but ultimately proved right. But because she is left of center, there's been a long-running right wing campaign to label her as dumb. Anyone who actually listens to her speak would not put her in the bottom half of Cpmgressman at the worst, but the endless propaganda has its effect, even on those outside its audience such as yourself. Her leftist politics don't justify lumping her in with MTG. But the "both sides" impulse is strong.
Also it is a pretty bold statement to assume I have some how been impacted by Fox News. Given that I have never watched it, and we do not know each other. If you don’t think that AOC, as awesome as she may be, has not used her power in government to enrich herself and solely for the work of the people, then you are just as guilty of buying into MSNBC propaganda as I apparently am at buying into Fox News. Even though I have never watched either.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The best scientists in the world used to believe the world was flat, and actually the governments would behead you if you disagreed with the flat Earth theory.
Dude, Those weren't scientists. Those were dumbass theologians.

Those that understood even casual observation and the scientific process - Galileo, Eratosthenus, the Mother 17n MAYANS -- knew that the world was round.

Don't call flat earthers, of any era, "scientists."

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Fully prepared to get blasted for saying this, but if most people actually listened to what RFK Jr. says and not just the manipulated soundbites from MSM, they would find that he is the clear choice.
I'm so dissatisfied with both parties I wouldn't mind a 3rd party (RFK is odd on some things, but I guess beggars can't be choosers at this point if he had a legit chance) taking the White House, Republicans take Senate at 51-49 and the Dems take House with a smallish margin.

Might be the only way the parties silence the fringe squeaky wheels to pass legislation a 3rd party/IND president would sign. Hell, maybe they would take the opportunity to pass some bipartisan legislation to reign in some of the powers delegated to the Executive over the past few decades. If not then, when would they?

Or it might grind everything to a halt - and would that be much different than recent history?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Why should we talk about her?
Why would you respond to my post, which is meant to be funny while holding onto some truth, with this picture and request that we talk about Harris?

- I dont think Harris is great as a politician on the national stage. I dont view like her or dislike her...she is just sorta...there.
- I dont understand the visceral hate that some seem to have for her, and I really havent read/heard anything that seems to be legitimate justification for how triggered some get when she is mentioned.
- My post was about a fictional VP. 17ing fictional. It was a hilarious TV show and the character would be a perfect VP for Trump. Why ruin that with a desire to talk about Harris?
Get triggered much?

Reactions: thatsbaseball

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Remember that Adams and Jefferson, after working well together, had a big beef, had surrogates writing nasty articles about each other (the social media of the day), and didn't speak for about 12 years. I'm usually slow to be in the "people used to never act like this" camp. I'm generally in the things are pretty much always the same. People are gonna people. We are pretty awful a lot of the times. It amazes me sometimes how we have lasted this long.
My other favorite example of how it's really always been this way:

Status
Not open for further replies.