Mike Ezell made a fool of himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Struck someone interviewing him. Assault charges filed with Capitol Police.

I legit don't know who Mike Ezell is and I'm pretty sure...

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
Struck someone interviewing him. Assault charges filed with Capitol Police.
Holy totally misconstrued the situation Batman! lol After actually reading the article, I side with Mike. There's no reason two Code Pink activists should be following him around the halls of Congress harassing him, videoing him with their phone, and trying to bait him into saying or doing something. The charges will never go anywhere, there's nothing to see here. But I guess they gave people like you another dumb talking point.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Meh. Not a big deal but if you can’t handle being asked questions in the halls of congress your not cut out to be representative. As dumb as they are.
they have every right to follow him and bait him in public spaces. Can’t handle the heat don’t walk in the kitchen

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Meh. Not a big deal but if you can’t handle being asked questions in the halls of congress your not cut out to be representative. As dumb as they are.
they have every right to follow him and bait him in public spaces. Can’t handle the heat don’t walk in the kitchen
I'm the opposite. There are so many wanna be journalists/activists and as sorry as Congress and the bureaucracy is as a body, it doesn't help anything to harass them constantly. You want to yell a question at them as they are passing by so you can claim they refused to comment, whatever. But don't follow them as they walk away. If you're an actual constituent and not recording them, that may be a little different, especially if they are refusing to respond to inquiries you're making to the office.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Supporting Israel right now should be questioned based on the genocide they are causing.

His failure to answer a simple question and then succumbing to Neanderthal like action of hitting a cellphone out of a woman's hands,; that's f*cking pathetic no matter what your biasedness may be.

Aug 22, 2012
There is a difference between an actual journalist and a random person with a phone. An actual journalist would not have asked the question from such a biased point of view. And they would have only asked their question twice at best before contacting his office and requesting an interview. What you didn’t see here is that according to what I have read, these ladies had been hounding him for about 15 minutes prior. They need to learn what the term no comment means. They got the reaction they wanted for clicks. Bad on Mike for giving it to them. At some point legislators have got to have a break from the phone warriors like these no matter what side of any argument they are on. They aren’t journalists nor constituents so there has to be a line drawn somewhere. And did anyone notice the massive man hands on one of those ladies?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Knocking somebody's phone out of their hand is boorish behavior from anyone much less a Congressman, but I'm not gonna get my drawers in a wad over this one. He does sound like a dumbsh`it in his statement at the end.

Never heard of him. What area does he represent?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Never heard of him. What area does he represent?
He won Palazzo's seat. I don't know really anything about him other than it was a little disappointing to elect essentially a retired sheriff rather than somebody that could realistically obtain some seniority at some point.

I'm actually shocked anybody recognized him enough to harass him. If representatives like him are routinely having activists follow them around the hall I bet the situation up there is miserable.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm the opposite. There are so many wanna be journalists/activists and as sorry as Congress and the bureaucracy is as a body, it doesn't help anything to harass them constantly. You want to yell a question at them as they are passing by so you can claim they refused to comment, whatever. But don't follow them as they walk away. If you're an actual constituent and not recording them, that may be a little different, especially if they are refusing to respond to inquiries you're making to the office.
To me this falls into the you can't determine what life will throw at you but you can control your response territory.

Reactions: Pars

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
He won Palazzo's seat. I don't know really anything about him other than it was a little disappointing to elect essentially a retired sheriff rather than somebody that could realistically obtain some seniority at some point.

I'm actually shocked anybody recognized him enough to harass him. If representatives like him are routinely having activists follow them around the hall I bet the situation up there is miserable.
there's only 435 Congressmen and 100 Senators - I'm not sure I'd recognize Ezell if he walked in the door, but plenty people would.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
I’m on Mike’s on this one and I think this whole thing will get thrown in the trash can; where it belongs. Now, if it were a punch or a slap we’re having a different conversation.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There is a difference between an actual journalist and a random person with a phone. An actual journalist would not have asked the question from such a biased point of view. And they would have only asked their question twice at best before contacting his office and requesting an interview.
^ been in a coma and hasnt seen what passes as journalism over the last 10 years.

I kid and I agree with your ideals/point.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
there's only 435 Congressmen and 100 Senators - I'm not sure I'd recognize Ezell if he walked in the door, but plenty people would.
In the not too distant past, back bench congressmen would only be recognized in DC by lobbyist and bureaucrats that had a particular relationship to whatever committee they were on. Even people that were interested in policits couldn't identify more than a dozen or maybe two dozen congressmen. Congressmen that wanted to be treated as important would wear their pins. Congressmen that wanted to be relatively anonymous would take them off. It was like damn superman's glasses.

Although it would be easy enough to identify congressmen and ambush them, activists generally didn't stalk back benchers because even if they instigated a negative reaction or sound bite, the general reaction would have been "who"?

If that has changed, I'm guessing it's because lots of these random activists have followers that are obsessed enough with partisan fighting that they will give eyeballs to see even a relative nobody have a bad reaction, as long as that nobody is on the "other team". Plus I guess we've had a lot more college graduates that didn't learn much in college other than activism is high status, regardless of lack of production or results.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It is so difficult to figure out what the 17 is actually happening with a lot of these sort of incidents/events.
- following a member of Congress around is lame.
- knocking a phone out of someone's hand is lame.
- that doesnt seem like assault in my world, but I dont know if it is in the legal world.

Whats really wild is whether Ezell's claims in his statement on the incident are true. From the AP link...
Ezell- “These China-backed protesters want to harass and intimidate Members of Congress into ending our support for Israel and our opposition to Hamas terrorists,” Ezell said in a statement. “I will not be harassed or intimidated by the Chinese Communist Party, Hamas, or their supporters, and I will continue standing with our Israeli allies against terrorism.”

CodePink says on its website that “China is not our enemy.”
- Is he claiming the two women are China backed protesters, just because they are associated with a group that doesnt view China as the enemy? If so, thats a hell of leap to make.
- Is he claiming the protesters are supporters of the CCP and Hamas just because they are associated with a group that doesnt view China as the enemy and they want the Israel/Palestine war to end? If so, thats a hell of a leap to make.

Its just like so many of these sort of 'stories'.
- people dont act like adults, people overdramatize, and people make dubious claims.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Supporting Hamas right now should be questioned based on the 33 hostages they are holding.
Who here has declared support for Hamas?
...I dont know about Code Pink. Is that who you are referring to here with your response?

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I think I read last year was the least productive Congressional year in decades. And I saw article headlines a week or so ago that said this year is tracking to be less productive, and that this Congress is tracking to be the least productive on record(ever? modern era? does it matter?).

I say that to agree with your bet- the legislative situation in DC seems miserable.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Looks like these didn't know who he was, but apparently knew or assumed he was a Congressmen.

"After he knocked the cell phone from her hand, Mobarak said the women followed Ezell into the hearing room so they could get his name from his placard."

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Looks like these didn't know who he was, but apparently knew or assumed he was a Congressmen.

"After he knocked the cell phone from her hand, Mobarak said the women followed Ezell into the hearing room so they could get his name from his placard."
Not surprising, they all wear a special lapel pin when they're around the Capitol so they're really easy to pick out. The pin lets them bypass security etc, and of course let everyone know they are a VIP.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think I read last year was the least productive Congressional year in decades. And I saw article headlines a week or so ago that said this year is tracking to be less productive, and that this Congress is tracking to be the least productive on record(ever? modern era? does it matter?).

I say that to agree with your bet- the legislative situation in DC seems miserable.
I have friends that work on a couple of different staffs up there. It’s pretty demoralizing how bad it is now.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I'm 100% for gridlock, congress/the gub'mint needs to do less, not more. The issue is they aren't unproductive at all when it comes to spending money.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The point being Israel has good reason to continue to fight for its people.

Thank you for clarifying your point because I definitely didn't realize that was the point in your prior post.
Couldn't figure out what your point was, since it seemed to address and push back on something that hadn't been mentioned.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126
Status
Not open for further replies.