Mississippi three-peat in Omaha?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
USM won their conference tournament. How special would it be to see them win it all this year?

Anon1684630174

May 20, 2023
Anything can happpen in baseball, but watching the sec tournament and the sunbelt tournament, the talent gap is fairly wide. Tanner Hall is a game changer though.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm getting old and can't see all this small print. Where are we going this year and what time?

FB_IMG_1685380132763.jpg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
USM has a winnable draw at Auburn, but a potential Super against Clemson or Tennessee would be really tough. I could see any of those four getting to Omaha, though.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I would not bet against LSU winning their regional but having your in-state rival AND Oregon State in your regional is something I would want no part of.
In years past I would not disagree but this OSU team isnt what they typically are talent wise and Tulane has 19 wins all year. Hope Im wrong but I dont see the Tigers having much trouble here.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
USM has a winnable draw at Auburn, but a potential Super against Clemson or Tennessee would be really tough. I could see any of those four getting to Omaha, though.
That Auburn Regional matched up against Clemson Regional is two of tougher ones I see.
Virginia and Arkansas Regional has some good quality opponents as well.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I would not bet against LSU winning their regional but having your in-state rival AND Oregon State in your regional is something I would want no part of.
LSU has a cake-walk to Omaha. I also think Tennessee comes out of that brackets and faces off against the purple and gold cuntss. I have no fuckng clue who I would root for in that scenario. Vitello is the biggest bitchh in the land, but man would it be hilarious to see the best team money ever assembled lose.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
And Bama beat them 13-0.
Including the series they dropped to Illinois, they are 1-5 vs P5 teams.
Outside of Tanner Hall (who is outstanding), they are basically an average Sunbelt team.
Yeah sorry, I donā€™t buy this. For years if USM beat an SEC team in a midweek game the refrain was ā€œitā€™s just a midweek.ā€ But now that we didnā€™t do so hot in the midweek, itā€™s empirical evidence that we donā€™t stack up? Auburn may very well beat us, but itā€™s not like weā€™ll be throwing midweek guys either. Also, USM got better as the year went on.

Side note: Somebody is gonna have to explain to me how Indiana State deserves a host site (2-9 against Q1 teams) more than USM (10-5 against Q1) or Campbell (9-5 against Q1).

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah sorry, I donā€™t buy this. For years if USM beat an SEC team in a midweek game the refrain was ā€œitā€™s just a midweek.ā€ But now that we didnā€™t do so hot in the midweek, itā€™s empirical evidence that we donā€™t stack up? Auburn may very well beat us, but itā€™s not like weā€™ll be throwing midweek guys either. Also, USM got better as the year went on.

Side note: Somebody is gonna have to explain to me how Indiana State deserves a host site (2-9 against Q1 teams) more than USM (10-5 against Q1) or Campbell (9-5 against Q1).
No question they throw 'geographical' bones out there.

I'm all for the buzzards this year. I am a little sick of the holier than thou type crap that I see from MSU, and the type players we recruit. I like the attitude of USM. Reminds me a lot of the Louisiana-Lafayette teams of the last decade. Unfortunately those two teams were who lost to Ole Miss in 2014 and 2022 that led to breakthroughs, but whatever.

But I will say, the bottom line is, there usually is a pitching discrepancy with those teams. So we will see.

Last edited:

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021

I stand by what I said. Outside of Tanner Hall, Southern Miss is an average level Sunbelt team.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I stand by what I said. Outside of Tanner Hall, Southern Miss is an average level Sunbelt team.
Pretty ballsy to wait 3 days and then for a result to reply. I guess Auburn is a below average Ivy League team? Your argument sucks.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Tough road ahead. They will get auburns best pitcher tomorrow.
Iā€™ve watched Auburn less than any other team in the SEC this year, but Iā€™ll just assume he throws gas. Gonna need the bats to wake up and a strong bullpen performance to have a chance.