Missouri transfer forward Jordan Butler commits to South Carolina

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Not just size, but much better skill set.

What is his skill set? Seems to be a marginal player (at least statistically). Though he had great offers out of high school - could still just be young. Tough for a skinny "big" - a 21 year old will always push around an 18 or 19 year old.

Six Million Dollar Man

Joined Dec 5, 2005
Jan 17, 2022
What is his skill set? Seems to be a marginal player (at least statistically). Though he had great offers out of high school - could still just be young. Tough for a skinny "big" - a 21 year old will always push around an 18 or 19 year old.
I almost think you have to look at the one year with Missouri with a grain of salt. Such a horrible team and they were poorly coached. Paris really liked him out of high school. That's key. I see him as a tall 4, not a 5.

Abush

Jan 31, 2022

His skill set is known as a shooting and scoring big. He can rebound, but he is best at stretching the floor.

He was a top 50 national player out of high school, a 4*, and a lot of people feel he will develop into a better player than his brother who went to FSU. That brother is currently in the NBA with the Wizards.

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
Meh, averaged 2 ppg for the worst team in the SEC

Oh No Ugh GIF by Sporting KC

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
He didn’t play a lot or very well for Missouri, but his skill set fits what Paris is looking for in a stretch big. Paris used Gray, but it always seemed that Gray wasn’t Paris’ style of big. Seems liked he used Gray because he needed some size and he was on the roster. Don’t mind taking a development big given that we just lost one. We do need a big that is more proven to go along with what we added.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
He didn’t play a lot or very well for Missouri, but his skill set fits what Paris is looking for in a stretch big. Paris used Gray, but it always seemed that Gray wasn’t Paris’ style of big. Seems liked he used Gray because he needed some size and he was on the roster. Don’t mind taking a development big given that we just lost one. We do need a big that is more proven to go along with what we added.
Kid was a top 40 player and was wanted by many big schools. Repeat, just finished freshman year, yes freshman year in college.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Kid was a top 40 player and was wanted by many big schools. Repeat, just finished freshman year, yes freshman year in college.
I know that. It’s no crime to say the kid didn’t play well last year. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the skill set Paris is looking for or that he can’t play better in the future. He is known as a shooter and he was off in that department last year.

Nite2Crow2

Jan 20, 2022
Great shot blocker. Moves well around the basket and can shoot the 3. With playing time/experience his stats will improve

Reactions: USClight

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
FGF strikes again. Bash a highly skilled recruit with potential before he gets here. Anyone that was a top 50 recruit out of high school and has only been out one year. I’ll take him. Had we signed him a year ago the bashers would be giddy. Comical

Reactions: muscleknight

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
FGF strikes again. Bash a highly skilled recruit with potential before he gets here. Anyone that was a top 50 recruit out of high school and has only been out one year. I’ll take him. Had we signed him a year ago the bashers would be giddy. Comical
I wouldn't call telling the truth bashing. Yes, he was a top 50 recruit. Yes, I am glad we have him and think he fits our offense. However, he didn't perform well in his best skill, shooting. He was 4 for 25 from 3 point range and shot 50% from the line. You can tell the truth and be a fan of the players and program at the same time.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
A seven-footer who can run the floor is a positive.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I wouldn't call telling the truth bashing. Yes, he was a top 50 recruit. Yes, I am glad we have him and think he fits our offense. However, he didn't perform well in his best skill, shooting. He was 4 for 25 from 3 point range and shot 50% from the line. You can tell the truth and be a fan of the players and program at the same time.
Right. I've seen lots of players enter the portal who were in the top 25, 50, 75 or whatever in their class. Mostly because they haven't panned out. Sure, it's way too early in Butler's career to say he hasn't panned out. But he failed to stand out in any way on a Missouri team that was absolute trash. They were a different kind of bad this year.

Maybe, hopefully, all he needs is a reset and to play for a coach who knows what he's doing.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
A seven-footer who can run the floor is a positive.
I got it, but like I said, telling the truth about his record. I don't do like a lot of fans. Hype these kids up to be All-World then bash the heck out of them when they don't perform up to their unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Who had him top 50? He was 131 on 247 and 117 on Rivals.