Mizzou refusing to play Kansas in the Liberty Bowl.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The history is, this was the rivalry game for both schools. Kansas dropped Missouri when Missouri joined the SEC.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
A&M and Texas have both done that coward crap with each other in the past.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
A&M and Texas have both done that coward crap with each other in the past.
I think A&M refused to play Texas in the Texas Bowl a few years ago. Not surprising, since they ran away from big brother after getting their *** kicked by them for years. Surprised that Mizzou doesn’t want to play Kansas in a bowl game since they have renewed that rivalry in basketball.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
In the comments it says they have a big basketball game they didn’t want to overlap. They play Kentucky.

Reactions: patdog

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Has SEC conference play ever started the week between Christmas and the New Year? I see we play Alabama the 28th too.

ETA: Looks like they started this last year. Seems like a poor decision scheduling wise. Either way Mizzou needs to take what’s given to them or play in BHAM or Mobile.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Has SEC conference play ever started the week between Christmas and the New Year? I see we play Alabama the 28th too.

ETA: Looks like they started this last year. Seems like a poor decision scheduling wise. Either way Mizzou needs to take what’s given to them or play in BHAM or Mobile.
They did that to accommodate the SEC/Big 12 challenge games in January. I hope this is the last year of starting that early now that the SEC/Big 12 thing is going away.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They did that to accommodate the SEC/Big 12 challenge games in January. I hope this is the last year of starting that early now that the SEC/Big 12 thing is going away.
But it’s being replaced with the ACC/SEC challenge. No word on when it would be played.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Need to not travel if they complain at 6-6. I bet they try to get Las Vegas to get murdered by ucla. Drinkwitz seems like a little dweeby prick. Could be wrong though. If they don't take liberty they need to go to Birmingham

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If you've never been around folks from either school, that rivalry is way more heated than you'd assume. When Norm Stewart was basketball coach at Mizzou, he forbade paying for food or fuel while in Kansas.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They have more players from Texas on their team than we do.

They can make the better argument they're more deserving.
THey lost to Auburn. We beat Auburn. We both beat Arkansas. We both lost to UGA and UK. How would they be more deserving at 6-6 (3-5) than us at 8-4 (4-4)? Because they beat USCe? Not sure that makes up for losing to Auburn.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007

I'd like to know more about this. Schools are supposed to tell the conference their preference among the 6 "equal" bowls. I would assume all of us have the Liberty Bowl either 5 or 6. So are they really avoiding Kansas or just ranking the Liberty Bowl the lowest of all the "grouped" SEC bowls?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Teams put that out prior to bowl selection for a reason. I don't see the problem.
Yeah. This is much ado about nothing. This happens all the time. Teams request certain bowls and request to avoid certain bowls and they're usually accommodated. No big deal.