Not shilling the Wall Street Journal for their financial benefit, but mostly I read complaints about how bad the media and local newspapers in particular have become over the years. I have been a subscriber to WSJ for a few years off and on (I subscribe on the discount rate for a year which is currently $4 per month. Full digital access and a Saturday print edition delivered. After 12 months it goes up to the regular price of $38/month so I cancel before that kicks in. A few months later, they send an email with the discounted offer.) From where I sit, it has the most unique content that seems fact focused and offers a variety of opinions. It gets pretty closed to balanced and objective and for $4 a month, I recommend it if you are looking for a good news source, I don't think you get close to matching the amount of quality content that the journal puts out anywhere else... Now at $38/month.... that's another story. There is a lot of business and market information obviously, but lots and lots of other good stuff as well.
Anywho, today's submission is a great article about how terrible approaches at the plate and pitchers that throw harder and cheat mort have put this season in MLB on pace to break the all time record for no hitters and lowest league wide batting average. I imagine its behind a paywall, but the gist is swinging for the fences all the time, even with 2 strikes has MLB on pace to break the no hitters in a season record set in 1884... The first year pitchers could throw overhand.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/baseball-no-hitters-strikeouts-home-runs-11622144688?mod=hp_listc_pos2
Anywho, today's submission is a great article about how terrible approaches at the plate and pitchers that throw harder and cheat mort have put this season in MLB on pace to break the all time record for no hitters and lowest league wide batting average. I imagine its behind a paywall, but the gist is swinging for the fences all the time, even with 2 strikes has MLB on pace to break the no hitters in a season record set in 1884... The first year pitchers could throw overhand.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/baseball-no-hitters-strikeouts-home-runs-11622144688?mod=hp_listc_pos2