More Egg Bowl Excitement On Tap This Thanksgiving

JoelTColeman

May 24, 2013
Egg Bowl Trophy

MSU and Ole Miss to kick off in prime time on November 23.

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
(y)
Excellent, as it should be. I would prefer an early afternoon kick but this is ok

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Every other year my wife gives me grief over it. I went to Oxford one time a few years ago for it and she really gave me the grief. I skipped two of her nieces' weddings for bowl games. Why get married in January and one of them was in Utah. My son and I were in Florida and my wife were in Utah. The other one was in Atlanta. I probably could have done both bowl and wedding. I refused.

Reactions: paindonthurt

patdog

May 28, 2007
USM the 18th, OM is 23rd. Lots of hate in a 5 day turnaround.
A lot of don’t care on the 18th. For both sides. It’s a bit bigger game than Mississippis game with LA-Monroe that day. But it’s nothing like what it once was in the 80s for either fan base. It’s just another game.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Egg Bowl Trophy

MSU and Ole Miss to kick off in prime time on November 23.

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

In Thread Buy/Sell:

Within Ten Years, The Game will be branded as The Big Bad Breakfast Egg Bowl.

(Special Note to John Currence:

If you or one of your minions is reading this, please give me dibs and at least the occasional free breakfast good at any BBB location.

Best,

Maroon Eagle)

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
A lot of don’t care on the 18th. For both sides. It’s a bit bigger game than Mississippis game with LA-Monroe that day. But it’s nothing like what it once was in the 80s for either fan base. It’s just another game.
Lose to them and you'll find out how big it still is...lol
It took an idiot AD to schedule those together like that.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lose to them and you'll find out how big it still is...lol
It took an idiot AD to schedule those together like that.
I don't mind playing USM, but I agree pretty stupid to schedule them 5 days before the Egg Bowl. And yeah, it'll be a big deal if we lose to them. But it was a big deal when we lost to South Alabama and it'll be a big deal if Mississippi loses to LA-Monroe.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
HATE thanksgiving egg bowl. Juice not worth the squeeze.
I liked it when i was younger. Used to go every year. Easy way to get out of a protracted multi-stop Thanksgiving. Now I prefer watching it on TV from the comfort of my home.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Hopefully, this is the last year on Thanksgiving. I fully expect Texas-Texas A&M to be the Thanksgiving night game going forward.
Neither State nor Rebs need the exposure now like we used to. We’re both on TV every week. Same with Aggy and UT, but that rivalry isn’t even a rivalry.

I know our game gets plenty of eyeballs, though. It’s one of the most entertaining rivalry games year in and year out just due to the unadulterated hatred between the teams.

My only beef is that sometimes it’s a bad ending to a great day. When it isn't, it’s always a great feeling. That’s about the only reason I’d like to see it on Saturday…. Not a holiday.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
But now we’re having to compete against the NFL and that’s never a good thing.
I’d love to see it played on Friday afternoon for a few years.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
But now we’re having to compete against the NFL and that’s never a good thing.
I’d love to see it played on Friday afternoon for a few years.
That's my beef. We will lose that battle unless they have crappy teams playing. Let's see...

San Fransico 49ers vs. Seattle SeaHawks 7:20 PM

Yeah, we should do great!