MSU joining Conference USA next year…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I clicked.
Sorry about that but I couldn’t resist the low-hanging fruit post.

Now I wonder if the Valley will go for a basketball only school since they’ll have 11 schools.

I don’t expect football expansion since the MVFC will have 10 colleges.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The MVC is gonna collapse soon- its a perfect time for the SEC to expand and pick up Southern Illinois and capture that market before the Big10 snags em and becomes the Big19!**

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The MVC is gonna collapse soon- its a perfect time for the SEC to expand and pick up Southern Illinois and capture that market before the Big10 snags em and becomes the Big19!**

One of the better nicknames in college athletics.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The best nickname/mascot of any school or any sports team belongs to Pittsburg State University: the Gorillas.

(No, I'm not kidding.)
Rhode Island School of Design—Co-ed hockey team is called the Nads, the fencing team is the Pricks and the sailing club is the Seamen.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Rhode Island School of Design—Co-ed hockey team is called the Nads, the fencing team is the Pricks and the sailing club is the Seamen.
Interesting.

I think those sports are just "club" sports (not "varsity" sports), but still . . . how do they get away with that?

I copied the following from their Wiki page:
"RISD has many athletic clubs and teams. The symbolism used for their teams is unique. The hockey team is called the "Nads", and their cheer is "Go Nads!" The logo for the Nads features a horizontal hockey stick with two hockey pucks at the end of the stick's handle.

The basketball team is known simply as the "Balls", and their slogan is, "When the heat is on, the Balls stick together!" The Balls' logo consists of two balls next to one another in an irregularly shaped net.

Lest the sexual innuendo of these team names and logos be lost or dismissed, the 2001 creation of the school's unofficial mascot, Scrotie, ended any ambiguity. Despite the name, Scrotie is not merely a representation of a scrotum, but is a 7-foot tall penis.

The school's color is a vivid blue."

• Haha
Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Interesting.

I think those sports are just "club" sports (not "varsity" sports), but still . . . how do they get away with that?

I copied the following from their Wiki page:
"RISD has many athletic clubs and teams. The symbolism used for their teams is unique. The hockey team is called the "Nads", and their cheer is "Go Nads!" The logo for the Nads features a horizontal hockey stick with two hockey pucks at the end of the stick's handle.

The basketball team is known simply as the "Balls", and their slogan is, "When the heat is on, the Balls stick together!" The Balls' logo consists of two balls next to one another in an irregularly shaped net.

Lest the sexual innuendo of these team names and logos be lost or dismissed, the 2001 creation of the school's unofficial mascot, Scrotie, ended any ambiguity. Despite the name, Scrotie is not merely a representation of a scrotum, but is a 7-foot tall penis.

The school's color is a vivid blue."

RISD is probably the most prestigious artistic school in the country, so it's a bastion of liberalism. Can't get much more liberal than those names. Kind of a middle finger at anybody it might offend. Funny since it started as a school for women.

The Talking Heads spawned there.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I always like University of Evansville Purple Aces
I’ve mentioned my Evansville relatives here on occasion.

Before Jerry Sloan coached and played in the NBA, he attended and played for UE. He also previously lived in the house where my kin lived for several years and there was a mark on one of the basement walls with Jerry’s name next to it.