Must get Tequila

Jul 30, 2021
This might be the only celebrity tequila worth buying, IMO.
Dos Primos is really good ... meaning for this category. I would rate it 80.

Very earthy in flavor and smooth (enough) for an autoclave cook. I haven't yet, but bet it would make an amazing marg.

My only knock on Dos Primos is the price. Should be $5-$9.00 cheaper in my opinion.

Right now, it is my number one celebrity tequila.

CarolineBynum

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2021
G4's US importer confirmed to me yesterday that they are sending DOUBLE the amount of G4 bottles to US stores this year.... But primarily Reposados and Blanco. Anejo + Extra Anejo bottles are going to be super rare finds (so if you see it buy. it. asap.)

As he said, "Turns out we drank all the truly aged stuff and you can't make time unless you're Don Julio"

SF HAWKEYE

Jan 2, 2023
I don't consider myself a connoisseur by any means but I've tried them all. It's pretty much all I drink. For the money, and don't laugh, you can't go wrong with Kirkland Anejo Tequila. It went up in price recently from $29 a bottle to $44 a bottle but it is still our favorite. We do blind taste tests when friends come over. We do 1942, Clase Azul and Kirkland, and Kirkland has won every single time.

Nemeth5

Nov 12, 2021
Been dying to try the Ocho Widow Jane... Lucas Assis wrote about it the other day and said it's one of the best reposados he's ever had (which is saying a lot)
It is good... I was lucky to get a bottle a few weeks back and surprisingly my local Specs had a handful more bottles, so I grabbed another.... I hate when people hoard but I have already almost gone through my first bottle!

It is good.

UKevan27

Mar 13, 2016
If you're in the distro area of Lalo, buy it. Such a damn good blanco. I'm out of distro but apparently, they are expanding aggressively this year.

Reactions: SmarterBudweiser

Puyallup Duck

Mar 8, 2017
It was mentioned above but I HIGHLY recommend Fortaleza tequilas for a high quality, additive free experience. They have several ages (blanco, repo and anejo) plus a couple more exclusive options (Blanco Still Strength, Winter Blend). In the U.S. it is sold as Fortaleza but in Mexico it is sold as Los Abuelos. If you can get your hands on it you will not be disappointed.

https://www.totalwine.com/search/all?text=fortaleza

SmarterBudweiser

May 2, 2022
G4
Wild Common]
Ocho

Hard to pick which one to drink every night but really like Ocho
Three greats but I’d give the edge to the Wild Common Lots 1 or 2. Ocho has so many vintages… you’ll never go wrong but each is quite different. I love that Carlos gives you a full description on each vintage on the bottle.

Back to the Wild Common: the Reposado abd the Still Strength are fantastic as well.

Nemeth5

Nov 12, 2021
Three greats but I’d give the edge to the Wild Common Lots 1 or 2. Ocho has so many vintages… you’ll never go wrong but each is quite different. I love that Carlos gives you a full description on each vintage on the bottle.

Back to the Wild Common: the Reposado abd the Still Strength are fantastic as well.
Still strength maybe my favorite HP. I’m heading to Mexico now and have a bottle of Fortaleza Still strength waiting for me (as well as siete leguas decades amongst others). Excited to try them.

Reactions: Puyallup Duck

SmarterBudweiser

May 2, 2022
Still strength maybe my favorite HP. I’m heading to Mexico now and have a bottle of Fortaleza Still strength waiting for me (as well as siete leguas decades amongst others). Excited to try them.
I have a stash here of the Siete Decadas. But my favorite high proof right now is the Fuenteseca Cosecha 2018. I need to find more at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Nemeth5

Djnitro

Jun 4, 2022
The Fortaleza single barrels are great if you can find them.

Reactions: Puyallup Duck