Name a random MSU football player

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Ray Ray Bivines

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Eddie Hornback from Ocean Springs. One night in Spring of '82 I was in the old Shakey's Pizza on Academy Rd in Starkville. Eddie was in there w/ some football players and they started taking up a collection to get Eddie to bite a piece of a glass beer mug off of the mug. I thought this ought to be worth it and I threw a buck or two into Eddie's blue denim butcket hat which he most always wore. After contributions dwindled somebody went and bought him a beer in a glass mug, he downed it almost immediately and damned if he didn't with much effort eventually bite a plug of that beer mug off and spit it out. It took some effort but he did it. Nobody messed with him, ever.
1714494672144.png

"Eddie Hornback - A Parade All-American at quarterback for the Greyhounds in 1978, Hornback led Ocean Springs to an undefeated regular season and a top 5 ranking in the state. Hornback rushed for more than 1,000 yards in his senior season and nearly topped 2,000 in total offense while accounting for 21 touchdowns. He was also named first team All-State and played in the Mississippi High School All-Star Game, accompanied by his coach, Hugh Pepper. Overall, Hornback earned 13 varsity letters during his high school career in football, baseball and track. One of the most heavily recruited football players in OSHS history, Hornback ultimately signed with the University of Notre Dame, where he spent two seasons before a knee injury and a coaching change prompted a transfer to Mississippi State University to finish his college career."

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Aubrey Bell - wr during the croom years

I was coaching a park & rec team years ago in Tupelo, he walked up & introduced himself with his son. I immediately recognize him and I'm thinking, hell yeah - got the son of a college football player on my team.

Turns out he was at the wrong field... so not on my team :(

Mts68

Aug 22, 2012
Tim Bailey. Chasmin Davis was around the same time and had the best highlight reel, but i dont Think he ever made it to play.

Reactions: kired

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Clay Peacher
You naming Peacher and Aldredge dates your time at MSU to about 82-85 or there abouts? I got to know both during that period. Corwyn was from Natchitoches and I think Clay from Murphy High in Mobile I believe?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Tray Rutland, the lefty QB that took over when Henig broke his collarbone early against South Carolina in 2006. We proceeded to get shut out that game, shut out again the next week against Auburn, and then fell behind 32-7 to Tulane at home one year post-Katrina before Croom finally realized this guy totally sucked and finally benched him. He’s the worst QB I’ve ever seen start football games for us with my own two eyes. Worse than Mike Wright was last year.