Name a random MSU football player

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Ray Ray Bivines
"You could not catch him in a phone booth"... unfortunately, there were no phone booths anywhere on the field.

Jackie gave me high high hopes for him and the other unstoppable force on that team, Bob Hargro.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Tray Rutland, the lefty QB that took over when Henig broke his collarbone early against South Carolina in 2006. We proceeded to get shut out that game, shut out again the next week against Auburn, and then fell behind 32-7 to Tulane at home one year post-Katrina before Croom finally realized this guy totally sucked and finally benched him. He’s the worst QB I’ve ever seen start football games for us with my own two eyes. Worse than Mike Wright was last year.
What stood out to me with Rutland was we kept rolling him out to his right. He'd run to his right, stop and turn his body to try and throw. Looked so awkward. For some reason I've never forgotten that. It's like the coaching staff didn't realize he was left handed... which would not surprise me at all. Conner came in and almost led a huge comeback in that Tulane game.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Oct 2, 2022
Ermon Green, LB from Brandon HS circa 84-85 season. He was one of my Unit Operations lab partners. Very nice guy and had to admire his dedication. Trying to get a Chem E degree while playing SEC football had to be tough. He knew he wasn’t going pro so worked on that degree.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
And another DT - Darrell Moore from Lilburn, GA
Dude once told me that “you know the honeymoon is over when you’re in the bathroom brushing your teeth and you’re wife walks in and she sits down and starts taking a $#\+ “
I’m like, yea, guess so Darrell.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Tray Rutland, the lefty QB that took over when Henig broke his collarbone early against South Carolina in 2006. We proceeded to get shut out that game, shut out again the next week against Auburn, and then fell behind 32-7 to Tulane at home one year post-Katrina before Croom finally realized this guy totally sucked and finally benched him. He’s the worst QB I’ve ever seen start football games for us with my own two eyes. Worse than Mike Wright was last year.
If I remember correctly, Rutland transferred to Jackson State and couldn’t even win the starting job there. Just shows you how much Croom abysmally failed at evaluating and signing quarterbacks.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
"You could not catch him in a phone booth"... unfortunately, there were no phone booths anywhere on the field.

Jackie gave me high high hopes for him and the other unstoppable force on that team, Bob Hargro.
Hargro got 20 years for armed robbery last I heard.

• Wow
Reactions: Darryl Steight

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Pig Prather. I still remember when I was a kid watching the games with my dad. He would get so mad at Pig Prather for muffing punts and bang his hands on the side of his football watching chair. "Damnit Prather!!!!"

Prather also came through big at times. Good player.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
What stood out to me with Rutland was we kept rolling him out to his right. He'd run to his right, stop and turn his body to try and throw. Looked so awkward. For some reason I've never forgotten that. It's like the coaching staff didn't realize he was left handed... which would not surprise me at all. Conner came in and almost led a huge comeback in that Tulane game.
The crazy thing is that team was not just terribly far from bowl eligibility. Don’t get me wrong, they still sucked. But I think we lost four games by a field goal. I guess it evened out in 2007 when we won a bunch of really ugly close games.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
The crazy thing is that team was not just terribly far from bowl eligibility. Don’t get me wrong, they still sucked. But I think we lost four games by a field goal. I guess it evened out in 2007 when we won a bunch of really ugly close games.
yeah, one of those was a 3-2 shat show!