Name a random MSU football player

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Cool story about eddie, he and my sister were friends there at State and he gave her a pair of official Nike tennis shoes for me and they had MSU on the back. I was so proud of those shoes!
Played intramural soccer against Eddie's team. Superb goaltender. Super nice guy.

Reactions: Pookieray

mdm3045

Dec 8, 2018
TJ Mawhinney
This is the one I was looking for. One of my favorite memories was going to the game with my dad and we had Mawhinney fan club section. We’d all yell “Ma weenie” every time he made a tackle. But the funniest was that he jumped offsides one time and before Hank Flick could announce the penalty over the PA my dad says “I think Ma weenie jumped!”

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Great thread but kinda melancholy in a way. I'm afraid these type memories-relationships-bonds college football fans have felt for their team/players through the years will fade and basically disappear with the onslaught the NIL and transfers. NIL may be a monumental gain for the players but it's a monumental loss for fans.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
Tom Goode
Dude was a badass in the 60’s that even coach Bryant respected
Also has a stretch of highway named after him between Noxubee and West Point

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
You naming Peacher and Aldredge dates your time at MSU to about 82-85 or there abouts? I got to know both during that period. Corwyn was from Natchitoches and I think Clay from Murphy High in Mobile I believe?
Actually I was at State 88-92. I grew up watching those guys
Jimbo Lane, From my childhood memory. He lived in my neighborhood., Jackson.
If I recall, he got hurt.
Jimbo was a family friend for us later in life. I think my mom was sweet on him while they were at MSU. She helped take care of him up until he died.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Great thread but kinda melancholy in a way. I'm afraid these type memories-relationships-bonds college football fans have felt for their team/players through the years will fade and basically disappear with the onslaught the NIL and transfers. NIL may be a monumental gain for the players but it's a monumental loss for fans.
☝️☝️☝️☝️
Really pathetic to where we’ve gotten in college athletics.
Glad it’s happening now vs 40 years, 35, 30 or even 10 years ago for me.
My GAF’s are dwindling faster every year for these 17-22 yr old participation trophy era prima Donna’s!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
You sure Eugene The Machine scooped the blocked PAT? I think Willie Blade blocked it, and I remember Slovakia Griffith being the one to take it to the house, so did Clinton scoop it and pitch it to Griffith?
Clinton scooped and was being tackled about mid field and pitched it off. If memory serves.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
So earlier I put my answer for De"Mon Glanton knocking out Jimmie Johns. I found the video.

Enjoy!

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Found it.
Blade blocked it.
Clinton scooped it.
Griffith took the toss.

Thank you. Between the snow and about two dozen beers, my friends and I had no idea what had happened on that play from the sidelines. What a trip that was.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Mike Davis, 2nd string QB for 1988 Bulldogs behind Tony Shell.
Sat next to him in Music Appreciation class (easy A elective) and he cheated off me. I was into really into heavy metal and he called me "Heavy Metal Man" when he saw me on the field before halftime shows (I played snare @ MSU). Was pretty cool because most football players totally ignore the band dorks but he didn't. Cool guy.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Ray Ray Bivines
Somewhere I have an MSU practice ball Ray Ray gave to me

Reactions: onewoof