Name a random MSU football player

Nov 25, 2019
Reactions: Anon1664516582

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Noone has mentioned Quinton Culberson yet? I will always remember when someone posted a picture of the NC State girls when he committed.

Where's THAT pic?

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Langstone

Oct 1, 2023
Leon Berry
Maurice Langston
JC Brignone

And honorable mention by Herm Edward’s - Chris Wright

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Who was the punt coverage gunner that wiped out the Texas returner way early for a PF flag in 91 or 92? Mike something that I heard was called Stinky, I believe.

ETA: may have been Dirty rather than Stinky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prince of Darkness

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Matthew “Cheetah” Wells.

Thought he was going to be a steal in the draft and carve out a nice career in the NFL but never panned out. He was so fast.
Didn’t it come out that he was basically blind in one eye? That probably limited him, definitely had the physical ability

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Matthew “Cheetah” Wells.

Thought he was going to be a steal in the draft and carve out a nice career in the NFL but never panned out. He was so fast.
Without him catching Alex Collins from behind, Arkansas may very well vould have beaten us when we were #1. Alex Collins was also very fast and doubt many, if any LBs other than Wells could have caught him.

DudyDog

Jun 18, 2008
I was wondering if anyone was going to say "Tarzan". Miles O'keefe, played in the early 70's....honestly I think he was only here 1 year and never played. But he got to play with Bo Derek! No way I could have had her leaning back on me like that! I would have ruined that movie.

1714969403362.png

Dozens of other actors have also portrayed Tarzan, including one with a Mississippi connection. In 1981, Miles O’Keeffe got his first real acting role opposite Bo Derek in Tarzan, the Ape Man. O’Keeffe, born in 1954, is originally from Ripley, Tennessee. In high school, O’Keeffe was a football star and attended the Air Force Academy, where he was a running back on the Academy’s freshmen team in 1972. The next year, however, he left the Academy and enrolled at Mississippi State University, where he was offered a scholarship as a tight end/offensive lineman. The 1973 Bulldogs welcomed a new coach to Starkville. In Coach Bob Tyler’s first season (at left, from 1974), Mississippi State managed to knock off both Florida and Florida State, but had two ties (one with USM) and ended with a disappointing 4-5-2 record, capped off with a 38-10 loss to Ole Miss in Jackson in the annual Egg Bowl game. O’Keeffe was injured during the season and decided to transfer to Sewanee, where he had a successful football career and earned a degree in psychology.

After graduating from Sewanee, O’Keeffe became a prison counselor for the Tennessee correctional system. After a couple of years, however, he moved to California to play for a semi-pro rugby team. He also worked as a stunt man and had a few bit parts in Hollywood, but his big break came after he sent his photo in to the producers of Tarzan. Released in 1981, Tarzan, the Ape Man was directed by John Derek, Bo Derek’s husband. The film had plenty of alluring shots with Bo Derek in various stages of undress, but O’Keefe’s character (i.e., Tarzan) doesn’t appear until half-way through. Tarzan's image wasn’t even on the movie poster – instead it featured Bo Derek swinging on a vine – and Miles O’Keeffe’s name did not appear on it either. Clearly, the film was a jungle version of Derek’s successful movie “10” (1979), also directed by her husband. Not surprisingly, the film earned poor reviews by critics (one reviewer called it “offensive, idiotic, and amateurish”) and was “awarded” six ‘Razzie’ nominations in 1982, including the award for worst actress to Bo Derek.

Despite the negative reviews of the film, Miles O’Keeffe has continued in the movie business. After appearing in S.A.S. San Salvador and Sword of the Valiant, both in 1982, O'Keeffe went to Europe, where he starred in a series of science fiction/fantasy films as Ator, the first of which was Ator, the Fighting Eagle (1983). He played several other roles in Italy before returning to the U.S. All totaled, O'Keeffe has appeared in more that thirty-five films to date, the most recent being Clawed: The Legend of Sasquatch (2005) and King of the Road (2010). As of 2007, he was living in New York City. O’Keeffe may never earn a place on the podium at the Oscars, but he is also the only person who can claim the title of “Tarzan: King of Starkville.”

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
random names and thoughts ... if any of these players have been named already i apologize, haven t read every page... Quay Evans... Nick James, if only,. Todd Jordan, 1st really big time QB recruit we signed in my since i started keeping up.. worked with Matthew Wells at UPS around 5 years ago, dude was cut up... also worked there with Nelson Adams for a minute... Cam Lawrence, great team player the RB from Clinton, last name Bobo i believe, when he tore his knee up in high school my next door neighbor was an operating room nurse and she was there during his surgery and she told me the day after he was basically f'd .

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Wade Bonner

Still remember watching his film on Scout thinking we had signed Reggie Bush