Nation's no. 2 LB commits to South Carolina ****

Johnnysurf

Joined Aug 11, 2018
Feb 12, 2022
Ric Flair Hype GIF by Atlanta United

Reactions: Gradstudent

Big JC

May 12, 2023
2026 is a ways off. This is better news than him committing somewhere else but I'll wait until he actually shows up in Columbia to get excited.

You can rest assured UGA, Bama, UT, LSU, etc. aren't going to stop recruiting him if they want him. 247 has him as an athlete and #12 LB, a 4 star. It is also interesting that his first visit to USC was for the Spring game and he committed 4 days later.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
2026 is a ways off. This is better news than him committing somewhere else but I'll wait until he actually shows up in Columbia to get excited.

You can rest assured UGA, Bama, UT, LSU, etc. aren't going to stop recruiting him if they want him. 247 has him as an athlete and #12 LB, a 4 star. It is also interesting that his first visit to USC was for the Spring game and he committed 4 days later.

Yeah, I saw it on X yesterday, but I just can't get excited about commits that are 2 years away from setting foot on campus. Way way way too much time between now and then and too many variables. If he were to blow up and shoot up the recruiting rankings, he'll get tons of interest from other programs even though he's committed. If Beamer doesn't survive the next 2 seasons, it's entirely likely he decommits.

Given your last sentence, it does feel like a knee-jerk commitment. If he said something like "I'm committed and shutting down my recruiting process and not taking any other visits" that'd be a little different of a story, but it's just too dadgum far off. He will continue to be recruited heavily and even more so if he rises in the rankings. And our head coach's seat is at least starting to get warm right now.

Gunner Stockton was committed to us at one point.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Yeah, I saw it on X yesterday, but I just can't get excited about commits that are 2 years away from setting foot on campus. Way way way too much time between now and then and too many variables. If he were to blow up and shoot up the recruiting rankings, he'll get tons of interest from other programs even though he's committed. If Beamer doesn't survive the next 2 seasons, it's entirely likely he decommits.

Given your last sentence, it does feel like a knee-jerk commitment. If he said something like "I'm committed and shutting down my recruiting process and not taking any other visits" that'd be a little different of a story, but it's just too dadgum far off. He will continue to be recruited heavily and even more so if he rises in the rankings. And our head coach's seat is at least starting to get warm right now.

Gunner Stockton was committed to us at one point.
His offer list on 247 wasn't overly impressive either. UGA, LSU and UT were on there but App State, E Carolina and Cincinnati were up near the top.

I don't know all the details but I do know some teams make offers that aren't committable, sort of a "we sort of like you but we like some other guys better". I wonder how much of that is in the UGA, LSU, UT offers?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
His offer list on 247 wasn't overly impressive either. UGA, LSU and UT were on there but App State, E Carolina and Cincinnati were up near the top.

I don't know all the details but I do know some teams make offers that aren't committable, sort of a "we sort of like you but we like some other guys better". I wonder how much of that is in the UGA, LSU, UT offers?

Yeah, it's hard to say. He's 2026. He could drop off by then and the UGAs of the world will move on. I'm sure some of these schools offer just to get on the guy's radar early on in case he does blow up.

TooCocky

Joined Aug 2, 2018
Jan 31, 2022
Yeah, it's hard to say. He's 2026. He could drop off by then and the UGAs of the world will move on. I'm sure some of these schools offer just to get on the guy's radar early on in case he does blow up.
Some schools? Basically every school. That’s exactly why they offer like that. The vast majority of these kids are moved on from. I mean the most you can realistically sign is 30ish.
Look at basically any school in the sec. Including us. They/we will have 150 plus offers out. The VAST majority are not commitable.

Latest posts