NBA set to move to NBC from WBD

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Reports are coming out that Warner Bros Discovery is about to lose their NBA broadcasting rights to NBC. They've been on the old Turner networks (TNT, TBS, truTV, etc.) since the 80's and Inside the NBA on TNT has been the league's defacto NBA studio show for a long time. I also have to wonder how this will affect their NCAA tournament coverage since they use the same set and personalities from their NBA coverage to cover the NCAA tournament.

I know a lot of you don't watch the NBA (and I don't really watch unless the Grizzlies are doing well), but if we can get the old NBA on NBC intro and Marv Albert (he's only 82!) doing play by play on a Sunday afternoon, I might just get back on board! Jordan for threeeee, YES!

1715702936804.png

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Reports are coming out that Warner Bros Discovery is about to lose their NBA broadcasting rights to NBC. They've been on the old Turner networks (TNT, TBS, truTV, etc.) since the 80's and Inside the NBA on TNT has been the league's defacto NBA studio show for a long time. I also have to wonder how this will affect their NCAA tournament coverage since they use the same set and personalities from their NBA coverage to cover the NCAA tournament.

I know a lot of you don't watch the NBA (and I don't really watch unless the Grizzlies are doing well), but if we can get the old NBA on NBC intro and Marv Albert (he's only 82!) doing play by play on a Sunday afternoon, I might just get back on board! Jordan for threeeee, YES!

View attachment 575274
NBA on NBC was a terrific product.

Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So it’s better to just take the lazy lower percentage shot?
Not really lazy when you can make them and those makes creates more scoring.

The game has changed and players shoot much better with range. I’m sorry they aren’t playing 4 corners and tossing it in a peach basket.

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Not really lazy when you can make them and those makes creates more scoring.

The game has changed and players shoot much better with range. I’m sorry they aren’t playing 4 corners and tossing it in a peach basket.

I miss the Larry Bird era. They had 3 points and was hardly a four corner offense.