Non-PSU Recruiting

TameTurk

Oct 30, 2021
Interesting. One would have to think Lee and Eierman would horse him around a bit at 141. Must be on full feed now.

Reactions: Str8dblz

beachbum21

Oct 30, 2021
Can’t wait to see Lee / Micic round two… guarantee the outcome will be greatly different than the first round when Lee was a high school freshman wrestling #1 in the nation senior Micic… Betting Micic will be wishing he graduated instead of wrestling Nick again.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
I think our guys will be up to the challenge.

“I decided to announce my recruitment to The Ohio State Buckeyes. They're building something special and they're building a dynasty. It was a close decision but it was Ohio State for the most part. I sat down with my family three nights ago and hashed it out. This might be the best recruiting class ever and I wanted to be a part of it." Jesse Mendez

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021

“I decided to announce my recruitment to The Ohio State Buckeyes. They're building something special and they're building a dynasty. It was a close decision but it was Ohio State for the most part. I sat down with my family three nights ago and hashed it out. This might be the best recruiting class ever and I wanted to be a part of it." Jesse Mendez
Best recruiting class ever ... they have a steep hill to climb just to be the best recruiting class of the last 10 years.

JA1339

Oct 11, 2021

Don’t you have to win a couple of titles before you start talking about a dynasty? 😆

BWFight

Oct 30, 2021
Ohio State has a recruiting dynasty.
Ohio State is a prep school for Penn State. They bring in top talent and once the wrestlers realize that their development is limited they enter the transfer portal. The best of the best will end up at Penn State.

it’s actually a very nice set-up and Penn State wins National wrestling titles while the Tannery produces national recruiting titles.

Reactions: KKBundy and Michnit

82bordeaux

Oct 29, 2021
Ohio State is a prep school for Penn State. They bring in top talent and once the wrestlers realize that their development is limited they enter the transfer portal. The best of the best will end up at Penn State.

it’s actually a very nice set-up and Penn State wins National wrestling titles while the Tannery produces national recruiting titles.
While acting as the Iowa cock-block.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I was wondering which teams would make his list as his success this summer.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Have to question the kids decision making to pick Rutgres over Penn St. Lacks coherent thinking on any and every level.

???

He picked VT.

He's also a good football player, and VT agreed that he could play both sports. Hunter Catka is at 285 for VT for a few years, so it's questionable how much of an impact this will have for VT in the near future.

Mullens is a good wrestler, so congrats to him, and congrats to VT. He seemed somewhat torn about which sport to pursue. I don't have any inside info, but it would not surprise me if he elected to go somewhere that would enable him to compete in both football and in wrestling, which was not an option at most of the top wrestling programs that were recruiting him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garw and Jpe6Fair