Non-PSU Recruiting

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
That’s an interesting signing for a kid from central PA, unless he has ties to Rutgers.
Rutgers had previously picked up state finalist Haydn Packer from Jersey Shore. Some teammate familiarity likely helped.

Also helps that Rutgers is within 3 hrs.

The Harers are big fans of PSU, but we were always unlikely with how stacked we are around 157 -- and then we landed Sealey.

Reactions: Tgar and LB99

yo.trillz

May 3, 2022
Rutgers had previously picked up state finalist Haydn Packer from Jersey Shore. Some teammate familiarity likely helped.

Also helps that Rutgers is within 3 hrs.

The Harers are big fans of PSU, but we were always unlikely with how stacked we are around 157 -- and then we landed Sealey.
Their coaching is terrible. Except for wrestlers already at the top of their game (Suriano, Ashnault), their wrestlers don't get better.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Willie said to expect announcements in the next few days from both Hopke and Lawrence. Also Lawrence will go HWT.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Ok. So I asked a few months ago and since then many of the options have picked elsewhere or chose football, but what are Penn State’s options at HWT to replace Kerk? What are Pavlechko’s plans? Anyone else?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Ok. So I asked a few months ago and since then many of the options have picked elsewhere or chose football, but what are Penn State’s options at HWT to replace Kerk? What are Pavlechko’s plans? Anyone else?
Cole Mirasola is the next HWT.

Pavlechko would be perfect high-end depth if he chooses PSU, but could start elsewhere. Something to watch.

Cael was very smart to get the Mirasolas. 197/285 are now mostly picked over in 2024, and 2025 is a terrible class for those weights -- in the top 30 are Correa, Austin Johnson, and maybe two 182s might grow?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Cole Mirasola is the next HWT.

Pavlechko would be perfect high-end depth if he chooses PSU, but could start elsewhere. Something to watch.

Cael was very smart to get the Mirasolas. 197/285 are now mostly picked over in 2024, and 2025 is a terrible class for those weights -- in the top 30 are Correa, Austin Johnson, and maybe two 182s might grow?
Thanks. I was hoping for Hopke but no such luck.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Ferrari throwing a Lions hat before committing to Iowa.

For context (link to article below):

Angelo Ferrari is very much aware that Penn State is the team to beat. During Wednesday's broadcast, he sat at a table with three hats, one for Iowa, Rutgers and Virginia Tech. Before putting on the Iowa hat, he actually pulled a Penn State hat from underneath the table … then smiled and tossed it aside.

“I can't wait to get (to Iowa) and win national titles and dominate Penn State," he later said during the broadcast. "I’m looking forward to it."

Reactions: Charles Brown

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I’ll give it 2 years tops and none of them will still be on the Iowa roster.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
It is sad to say, but I think the once proud Iowa program is going to implode.

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
For context (link to article below):

Angelo Ferrari is very much aware that Penn State is the team to beat. During Wednesday's broadcast, he sat at a table with three hats, one for Iowa, Rutgers and Virginia Tech. Before putting on the Iowa hat, he actually pulled a Penn State hat from underneath the table … then smiled and tossed it aside.

“I can't wait to get (to Iowa) and win national titles and dominate Penn State," he later said during the broadcast. "I’m looking forward to it."

Dominate Penn State??? Ha ha ha! They will be lucky to dominate the state of Iowa.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Ferrari throwing a Lions hat before committing to Iowa.
Speaks to the immature character of a wrestler who has yet to win his first college match. Makes you wonder why he should feel a need to publicly disrespect any particular team which didn't recruit him, especially one which happens to be the current National Champion, has won eleven of the last thirteen national titles and, in last March's NCAA Tournament, finished fifty-five points ahead of the team he committed to.

Last edited:

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
Speaks to the immature character of a wrestler who has yet to win his first college match. Makes you wonder why he should feel a need to publicly disrespect any particular team which didn't recruit him, especially one which happens to be the current National Champion, has won eleven of the last thirteen national titles and, in last March's NCAA Tournament, finished fifty-five points ahead of the team he committed to.
Come on. He's a high school kid who disses the biggest rival of the team that he is committing to, or at least the team that they view as their rival. If any of our football recruits did the same thing with an OSU or Michigan hat, most of us on this board would love it. I don't have any problem with what he did.

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Isn't Melissa HS the same school as one of PSU'S top DT prospects this year?

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Hopefully, he won't throw his PSU hat to the ground when his decision comes, instead putting it on his head!! 🤣

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
I hope Starroci saw that and wears his *** out on the mat. Punk move. Classless. Just another indicator of how that family operates. His parents must be a real piece of work.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
IOWA

I
Once
Was
Awesome

TnT did a good job helping DeSanto mature. I wish them good luck with this crew and I have a ton of respect for the Iowa program.

I hope he had to buy the PSU hat.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I know this is hard to believe: PSU fans weren't his target audience.

He's playing it up for the cro-magnon section at CHA, and they'll probably shower him with NIL for it.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
This feels like a last ditch, desperation move by the Brands Bros to resurrect the program. If it works, they will will be lauded. If it doesn’t, it may cost them their jobs. On a side note, there may not be a more, “look at me” family out there right now. It is exactly the opposite of what Cael looks for. If anybody thinks PSU was in the mix for this group, they haven’t been paying attention.