Non-PSU Recruiting

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Come on. He's a high school kid who disses the biggest rival of the team that he is committing to, or at least the team that they view as their rival. If any of our football recruits did the same thing with an OSU or Michigan hat, most of us on this board would love it. I don't have any problem with what he did.
Suspect that Cael ("... respect your opponent ...") Sanderson might disagree with the second sentence of your response were a PSU recruit to use the Ferrari technique to disrespect, say, Iowa or tOSU and, if he did, I would 100% agree with him.

Self confidence and respect for opponents need not be mutually exclusive character traits, and certainly should not be for a high school wrestler about to make the biggest jump in competitive class of his life. Or, in short, first go out and perform on the mat, then talk about it if you think you've got room. Not the other way around.

Last edited:

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
Come on. He's a high school kid who disses the biggest rival of the team that he is committing to, or at least the team that they view as their rival. If any of our football recruits did the same thing with an OSU or Michigan hat, most of us on this board would love it. I don't have any problem with what he did.
He's a punk just like his older bother.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Iowa got 2 transferrers from North Dakota State, upping their game to fend off Michigan and Iowa State for 2nd!
So, where does that leave Siebrecht, Kennedy, and Ferrari? They sure do jaw a lot about Cael recruiting over kids and taking transfers, but they don’t ever acknowledge how many transfers they have taken over the last few years.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I’m answering my own question here, but there is a gambling investigation going on at Iowa across multiple sports including wrestling. There’s some concern that suspensions could be coming down the road, so maybe that explains the transfers at weights where there are solid starters?

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
I’m answering my own question here, but there is a gambling investigation going on at Iowa across multiple sports including wrestling. There’s some concern that suspensions could be coming down the road, so maybe that explains the transfers at weights where there are solid starters?
Franek (157) only has one year of eligibility left but Caliendo and Kennedy (165) have 2 or 3 years remaining. Anthony Ferrari (157/165) still has a redshirt. Nelson Brands (174) has a year left too with Angelo (174) having one more year of HS and a redshirt available. Possible that somebody goes up from 165 to 174 after this year but there is going to be at least one odd man out if not 2. Gambling suspension is one year max. We have logjam issues at these weights ourselves but I trust Cael to manage it well, TnT not so much.

Reactions: LB99

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Maybe.

But the easier explanation is: the new guys are better. (Franek + Caliendo) scored 20.0 points last year. (Siebrecht + Kennedy) combined for 3.0 pts.

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
So, where does that leave Siebrecht, Kennedy, and Ferrari? They sure do jaw a lot about Cael recruiting over kids and taking transfers, but they don’t ever acknowledge how many transfers they have taken over the last few years.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Reactions: LB99

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Absolutely bizarre fit (aside from Cormier being his club coach) -- he's a HWT who will need to squeeze down to 197 with Christian Carroll arriving this semester.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Huge get for Coach Pop. Also it might signal NC State expanding their recruiting footprint (which has typically been the southeast + PA/NY/NJ/OH).

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Big day for 2025 lightweights:

Leo DeLuca (Blair) to Iowa.
Cornell landed the Cortez twins from CA and Sergio Vega from AZ.

May 16, 2023
Big day for 2025 lightweights:

Leo DeLuca (Blair) to Iowa.
Cornell landed the Cortez twins from CA and Sergio Vega from AZ.
Cornell putting together a strong and deep 2025 class.

Anthony Knox #4
Sergio Vega #12
Isaiah Cortez #16
Alessio Perentin #30
Elijah Cortez #38
Rocco Delegata #65
E. Diakomihalis #92

All rankings per Flo.