SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
And that's a wrap, 27-0, White wins
From one PSU alum..

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Abdul Carter, on 3rd & long, looked great at DE. The OTs didn't seem to have the ability to handle him in those situations.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
They play vanilla O and vanilla D. It's never wise to draw big conclusions based on the B-W game.
I watched bits and pieces on TV. There were a few things that stuck out to me and haven't improved. Under Franklin, PSU seems sloppy and undisciplined. Lots of mistakes like offsides, poor tackling, etc. I know its only the BW game but, the teams just never look crisp and disciplined to me. Just my observations of watching football over my lifetime and coming to the conclusion that the most successful teams always seemed to be not sloppy and disciplined in the fundamentals. Hoping for improvement come Game #1.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Small crowd. Horseshoe was packed earlier today

Didn’t seem like a lot of buzz/interest on the board for the game either. Admittedly not as jazzed in general but will watch when I get home tonight.

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
My take on today:

What in the world are we going to do with all of these quality RBs? Two more are on the way and the current top 4/5 guys could start for a LOT of college football teams. Q. Martin will be a star.

Tough to judge the OL with three prospective starters not participating. One thing jumped out though, Cousins is a specimen as a true frosh. He more than held his own at both guard and center today.

The transfer CBs looked the part today. Rojas is a stud at ILB. Carter is going to have a big year coming off the edge. I think the defense will be as good as last year's squad by about mid-season.

Pray hard each and every night that Drew stays healthy; the ball explodes out of his hand. Oh, and he's all we currently have at QB that's ready to compete at this level as a passer. Beau can run, but he's a work in progress with his arm.

TEs? Shrug...barely used today.

WRs? I don't want to be a downer, but there's a LOT LOT of work needs done at this position. The recruiting isn't great, the coaching hasn't been great, and the execution has been nothing north of piz poor. Coach K will have to use a ton of motion just to get guys off the LOS. Not a lot of explosive potential with this group, sadly.

Generally, this team could come together and be pretty good. A young and hungry team with a solid OL, good QB, excellent RBs, and a very strong defense that could surprise. Need a couple of position groups (WR, IDL, for example) to step up in a big way in order to make a playoff run.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
This seems like as good a time as any to panic, so here it goes. We may be on borrowed time with Allar. If the wide receivers prove to be as lackluster as last year, Allar will enter the portal after this season. This will be Year 3 for Allar at PSU, the first behind Clifford and the next two as the starter. As a five-star recruit coming out of high school with high expectations and NFL potential, he may decide that he has “wasted” three years at PSU. He won’t waste a fourth.

F*ck us.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
When do the O/U win total futures come out? Just curious. Asking for a friend.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
This seems like as good a time as any to panic, so here it goes. We may be on borrowed time with Allar. If the wide receivers prove to be as lackluster as last year, Allar will enter the portal after this season. This will be Year 3 for Allar at PSU, the first behind Clifford and the next two as the starter. As a five-star recruit coming out of high school with high expectations and NFL potential, he may decide that he has “wasted” three years at PSU. He won’t waste a fourth.

F*ck us.
Can't predict his motivation or reason...but he really is in his final year here.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

F*ck us.
The Phyrst has got this! No way he bolts!!

PSU89er

Nov 22, 2023

F*ck us.
Why wait, he should leave now. We are about 12 over on scholarship's, and everything you say about the end of the 2024 season is true now with one less year. I agree with you about time to move on, but Allar is smarter than us. He's gone in a week or two.

Hey, if you are going to make stuff up. Get better at it.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts