Oklahoma State

Henry322

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2005
109
115
43
How did they get so bad this year? They have T Boone Pickens’s hundreds of millions, I thought Grundy was considered to be a pretty decent coach, and they’ve been consisistently competitive over the years. Now they are 0-8 in the Big 12.
 

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
1,876
1,875
113
Having a bad team during a conference expansion year is not a good look for sure.
 

KingWard

All-American
Feb 15, 2022
8,560
8,736
113
He’s a man, King 😜
When you get my age, and come from my particular background, referring to a person in that way is not an automatic insult unless there are definite racial connotations - which, being the soul of sensitivity, I have always been careful to avoid.

I'm just as liable to say, when speaking about my pastor's preaching, "That boy needs to step it up a notch". Or, in reference to our coach, "That Beamer boy needs to talk to his daddy about situational game management."

See what I mean? I often referred to the former football coach at Kansas State as "that Snyder boy". It's the kind or characterization you might hear when men are discussing football of politics in the barber shop on Saturday morning.
 

Sleepyhead

Senior
Jul 23, 2023
528
405
63
I haven’t heard anything about that Running back they have that was supposed to be an all-American heisman type. I remember he got a dui or something before the season and I was a little put off that they weren’t gonna suspend him at all over it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: will110

KingWard

All-American
Feb 15, 2022
8,560
8,736
113
Where have you been to have never heard of the "I'm a man, I'm 40" speech?
I've been around, but things that happened in 2007 would have to have been more remarkable than this for me to retain. Having seen it, though, it IS comical.:D
 
  • Like
Reactions: DrMickeySC

USCEE82

Senior
Feb 17, 2024
991
768
93
I've been around, but things that happened in 2007 would have to have been more remarkable than this for me to retain. Having seen it, though, it IS comical.:D
There's a longer version of the same press conference out there. He went off on some poor writer. Crazy that was 17 years ago.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Defensive coordinator Clayton White details "frustrating" lack of turnovers for South Carolina, challenges unit to respond well
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football FAIREY CHEVROLET Drive to Game Five: Everything you need to know ahead of South Carolina-Kentucky
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Latest on South Carolina DL injuries from Wednesday's availability report
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Everything Kendal Briles said ahead of South Carolina's matchup with Kentucky
  5. 05 TheBigSpur Football Gamecocks need to stop letting things Snowball