Old but still fun to watch

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Ozzie Smith was such a little b!tch in that fight. Threw a couple sucker punches from behind and then got wiped out by Maldonado’s flying fist.
Watched a second time to see who it was with the bitchmove suckered punches

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
HUGE Cardinals fan here. Cardinals and Gaints used to both be great and hated each other. Will the Thrill ended up playing for the Cardinals a few years later at the end of his career. I saw that play live and the slide was a little too aggressive.😂😂

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
State fan: "Will the Thrill! What a player - loved his toughness, grit, attitude, and how he got under the opposing players' skin!"

Same State fan after Johnny Long's homerun: "Yay! Go Johnny! Haha Bianco got tossed!"

Same State fan, after our pitching gave it away: "Boy that Johnny Long, what an ****ole, his antics cost us the game. We don't need trash like that."

We are a fickle bunch.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
State fan: "Will the Thrill! What a player - loved his toughness, grit, attitude, and how he got under the opposing players' skin!"

Same State fan after Johnny Long's homerun: "Yay! Go Johnny! Haha Bianco got tossed!"

Same State fan, after our pitching gave it away: "Boy that Johnny Long, what an ****ole, his antics cost us the game. We don't need trash like that."

We are a fickle bunch.
The game outcome matters.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
The game outcome matters.
Agree 100%. If we hadn't walked/HBP the bases loaded in the bottom of the inning, all the bitches on here wouldn't be bitching. We'd be talking about how the legend Johnny Schlong had won the series for us.

patdog

May 28, 2007

We are a fickle bunch.
When Long hits .400 with 25HR & 90RBI, we can overlook that he’s a total @sshole too.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
When Long hits .400 with 25HR & 90RBI, we can overlook that he’s a total @sshole too.
I am guessing - and this is admittedly only a guess - that Will Clark has had the same fire in him since he was a kid. He didn't start being an *sshole after he hit .400. I'm not saying Johnny Long is Will Clark. I am saying, it's a personality trait. Surely most of you have played sports throughout your life and had guys like this on your team. Personally I like it. Some of my favorite teammates were the ones the other teams hated most. Do I wish Long hit .400 with 25 HR? Well no ****.

Some of us want a guy (not a whole team) like him and will take the good with the bad. Some people would rather have a team with zero passion, no personality, just a whole team of professional robots with blank stares when you do something positive, or when the other teams stomps on your home plate. That's what we've had the last two years. I'm all for trying something different.

Does he need to reign it in sometimes, especially in big moments where it could cost the team? Of course. I'm just not going to crucify a guy on my team for being "too passionate".

Reactions: tbaydog

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Watched the video, and I have this question: why would a referee/umpire of any sport ever try to break up a fight between players? I've never seen any official document (e.g., rule book) that says it's the ref's job to break up fights.

In my lifetime, I've reffed lots of basketball, softball and girls lacrosse games. I've never witnessed a fight during a game, but, if a fight breaks out, then I'm going to stand clear and watch them fight.

Breaking up fights is not in a referee's list of duties or job description . . . is it?