Ole Miss gonna Ole Miss

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yep. Our students are being indoctrinated.
I believe that is happening, but I don't think it is having the effect they want. I say that because Columbia University has 30K students. Less than 1% participated. They get a bigger stage because they are loud and do really stupid things like taking over buildings. They are naive of what the world is really like. As a Marine I have been to all those places. These kids don't know how good they have it and what it is really like over there. It's not just professors and teach indoctrinated. My two kids love this country and would never disrespect the flag or say the things those stupid people say. They had weak parents. A lot of the blame fall on them.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Police your protests. The right is under the microscope and has a smaller margin of error. This one dude with the racist antics makes national news and tarnishes others. Police your protests and don't let rebel flags and racists ruin what's legitimate by becoming the story in the national media. Conservatives have the ability to move the needle and get those on the center left to reject the far left if they behave reasonably. Don't act like bigots and keep the racists away. This was an easy win and now look at what's getting attention.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Germans,.... but why should they protest on college campuses?
Just what does that get them?
A group to belong to. There are a lot of kids out there that dont know who they are and, like everyone else, want to fit in. Hell, I know I was there back then. But there was no internet or social media for you to slide down into echo chambers like thee are now.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It’s really a stretch to claim that guy was being racist. I didn’t even hear the supposed monkey noises. Seems to me that the left is desperately trying to distract from the issue at hand and that’s the antisemitism that’s occurring all over college campuses that’s silently being approved by those respective universities. But oh well.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
It’s really a stretch to claim that guy was being racist. I didn’t even hear the supposed monkey noises. Seems to me that the left is desperately trying to distract from the issue at hand and that’s the antisemitism that’s occurring all over college campuses that’s silently being approved by those respective universities. But oh well.
She was mad because they were calling her Lizzo.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Police your protests. The right is under the microscope and has a smaller margin of error. This one dude with the racist antics makes national news and tarnishes others. Police your protests and don't let rebel flags and racists ruin what's legitimate by becoming the story in the national media. Conservatives have the ability to move the needle and get those on the center left to reject the far left if they behave reasonably. Don't act like bigots and keep the racists away. This was an easy win and now look at what's getting attention.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
She was mad because they were calling her Lizzo.
That's actually a good one. The whole Lizzo is beautiful and curvy and sexy is total b.s. so yeah, nice put down. I got nothing against Lizzo but the propagandists claiming looking unhealthy and being obese is hot are nuts and deserve being laughed at.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Ole Miss's president released a statement suggesting the university will open a "student conduct investigation" against this guy and maybe some others counter-protesting against free Palestine crowd. As I said, police your side.

Attachments

• GMs6PBcaAAAt2wt.jpeg
    GMs6PBcaAAAt2wt.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The reddit clip I saw, he can be clearly be heard making monkey noises and seen making monkey gestures.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I’ve seen the clip you can’t hear him. Not a good look none the less. Now Lebby needs to add sound and use it

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I believe that is happening, but I don't think it is having the effect they want. I say that because Columbia University has 30K students. Less than 1% participated. They get a bigger stage because they are loud and do really stupid things like taking over buildings. They are naive of what the world is really like. As a Marine I have been to all those places. These kids don't know how good they have it and what it is really like over there. It's not just professors and teach indoctrinated. My two kids love this country and would never disrespect the flag or say the things those stupid people say. They had weak parents. A lot of the blame fall on them.
You had me at as a Marine! Thanks brother!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Also let the left-wing antisemites get all the coverage and keep the dumb right wing antisemites at bay. It's not hard to find some idiot comment or post something like "you know the Jews control the media and the weather and ruined the crappie fishing in my favorite spots in Granada Lake."

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
That's the thing about free speech. It is both beautiful and ugly. If you protest or demonstrate, don't be surprised when there are others who do the same as a counter. And free speech protects the ugly hate filled racist stuff. You have to otherwise speech isn't free. Let people show us who they are from all perspectives - just keep it at speech and don't cross the line into something physical.

That all said, label whatever is happening here how you want, if you find yourself getting worked up into frenzy and nanny nanny boo boo yelling match like this, it's time to question your anger management and maturity levels. Also, don't be surprised when private parties make your life tougher bc you thought it was a good idea to act like a junior high kid on camera.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Speaking of crappie fishing, Richard Gene the Fishing Machine (see YouTube) would be tearing up the crappie if he fished in Gunaider.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
The only reasonable response to what happened at Ole Miss is for Kiffin to be fired along with his entire coaching staff.

• Love
Reactions: Noname.sixpack

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
That's the thing about free speech. It is both beautiful and ugly. If you protest or demonstrate, don't be surprised when there are others who do the same as a counter. And free speech protects the ugly hate filled racist stuff. You have to otherwise speech isn't free. Let people show us who they are from all perspectives - just keep it at speech and don't cross the line into something physical.

That all said, label whatever is happening here how you want, if you find yourself getting worked up into frenzy and nanny nanny boo boo yelling match like this, it's time to question your anger management and maturity levels. Also, don't be surprised when private parties make your life tougher bc you thought it was a good idea to act like a junior high kid on camera.
My goodness….this is so well stated.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
This doesn't work. The Klan can still obtain permits to assemble in many places. Free speech and freedom to assemble allows the idiots to infiltrate wherever they want, especially protests. Trying to sift racists and idiots out of the assembled masses puts LEO's in an impossible position, and singling out individuals who aren't engaged in obvious assaults or endangering public safety opens up a can of worms for them.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
This doesn't work. The Klan can still obtain permits to assemble in many places. Free speech and freedom to assemble allows the idiots to infiltrate wherever they want, especially protests. Trying to sift racists and idiots out of the assembled masses puts LEO's in an impossible position, and singling out individuals who aren't engaged in obvious assaults or endangering public safety opens up a can of worms for them.
Then you don't control the narrative. I've been to events where a couple of people said things a bit out of bounds. They were shunned and removed. It can work but that doesn't mean it's easy to do or will always work. It's not about the truth, that the bigots are a tiny group among the larger group. It's what gets reported nationally and spread online. Control the narrative. Police these events. For instance, how hard would it be for a fraternity, something that has the ability to text, email all members instantly, tell those counter protesting to be on good behavior because cameras are there. Stay happy and jovial. Don't fight, etc. Threaten to kick any out who doesn't comply. And yes the right has to do this and the left largely doesn't because it's treated kindly in the press. Accept the double standard and don't do stupid things that harm your cause. Control the narrative from the get-go. If you have to explain what happened in 5 minutes or whatever to counter the left's accusations you've already lost.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
This Immediately excuses the protesters, right? I mean, two idiots speak, so you always forget what the first one was saying.

Nah. But I wouldn’t be surprised if some protesters also wanted to see if they could float a DEI balloon out there.

Secondary goals, my friend.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Then you don't control the narrative. I've been to events where a couple of people said things a bit out of bounds. They were shunned and removed. It can work but that doesn't mean it's easy to do or will always work. It's not about the truth, that the bigots are a tiny group among the larger group. It's what gets reported nationally and spread online. Control the narrative. Police these events. For instance, how hard would it be for a fraternity, something that has the ability to text, email all members instantly, tell those counter protesting to be on good behavior because cameras are there. Stay happy and jovial. Don't fight, etc. Threaten to kick any out who doesn't comply. And yes the right has to do this and the left largely doesn't because it's treated kindly in the press. Accept the double standard and don't do stupid things that harm your cause. Control the narrative from the get-go. If you have to explain what happened in 5 minutes or whatever to counter the left's accusations you've already lost.
In any random group of 100 people, there are at least 1 or 2 complete dubmass idiotic neanderthals.

In a discussion about freedom of speech, leftist media bias, and the right to assmble, you're using the phrases "control the narrative", and instruct the mob to "be on good behavior, because cameras are there".

Let that sink in for a moment.