OT: 2022 World Cup Thread

RUforJERSEY

Heisman
Jul 29, 2001
25,065
10,270
113
I've never really played soccer but if I was the goalie I think I could have saved some of the shots the US team has taken. They were right at the goalie on the ground. And without a lot on them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: charliem24

knightru

Senior
Dec 19, 2001
2,524
589
78
Everything has to be 2 or 3 touch. The longer we sit, the better for the Dutch. They want lack of movement.

Also, we have to switch to 3 at the back.
 

kupuna133

All-American
Jul 13, 2015
7,392
8,385
113
I’m sorry but the faking contact and injury has to be reigned in. Netherlands player goes from rolling on the ground in pain 70 yards behind the action while the US is countering to limping to get back onside to sprinting to run the ball down from behind when US counter attacks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RU848789

RU848789

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
65,439
44,456
113
We really could use a tall holdup striker like a lukaku...LeBron maybe...

Pulisic came back on D nicely the last few times...

Aaronson with immediate energy...
 

RUforJERSEY

Heisman
Jul 29, 2001
25,065
10,270
113
Now those were some tough saves by the US goalie. The Netherlands goaltender hasn't had to make any saves like the ones he's made have been like routine ground balls to shortstop.
 

mildone_rivals

Heisman
Dec 19, 2011
55,607
51,273
0
I was about to say “we’re screwed” with Yedlin coming on. And he’s the architect of that goal. 🤣

Gonna stick to my guns and say he’s gonna be a problem on D. Hope I’m even more wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Roy_Faulker
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Four