OT- Anyone watching Fallout on Prime?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve thought for years that this franchise would make for incredible streaming, and it hasn’t disappointed. I just read that it’s already Amazon’s second most streamed show ever

I feel like it may still be short 1-2 strong characters, but the writers have done a really good job with Fallout’s quirkiness so far, and Goggins has stolen the show in season 1

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I finished it the week It came out. Loved every minute of it. It also absolutely sticks the landing..

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
It's been a weird show. I didn't play the games, so I approached it from how it would stand on its own. The final episode was by far the best; some of the others were just freaking strange.

I may give season 2 a chance, but the show didn't grip me like I thought it would. Goggins' Ghoul character has been really good, especially built up from all the flashbacks.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
It’s the story Lucasfilm should have told with Rey and Finn.

Watched the whole thing in a week while I was traveling for work. Absolutely loved it.

Nov 29, 2017
I loved it. Definitely made me want to finish Fallout 4. I only had a few more quests to finish and never got around to it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Binged it in a couple days. Reloaded fallout 4, and playing it now.
I was just seeing that Fallout 4 has had a massive resurgence of players thanks to the show. I just hate that Bethesda is so overly focused on their online MMO games because Fallout 5 may not hit til 2030 which is just ridiculous

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
It was really enjoyable. Good twists. Enough answers to satiate me and enough unanswered questions at the end of the first season to keep me coming back. I haven’t enjoyed a first season of a show like that in a while.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I was just seeing that Fallout 4 has had a massive resurgence of players thanks to the show. I just hate that Bethesda is so overly focused on their online MMO games because Fallout 5 may not hit til 2030 which is just ridiculous
I’m going to give 76 a chance now that I know you can turn off pvp.

Reactions: Seinfeld

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Between this and the new Warhammer 40k series, I may have to break down and get amazon's streaming service. Haven't watched TV in years.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It’s the story Lucasfilm should have told with Rey and Finn.

Watched the whole thing in a week while I was traveling for work. Absolutely loved it.
I wouldn't expect anything from Lucas Film anytime soon. I think they have killed their project because they have got such terrible reviews. I think South Park covered the reason why. Disney has really disappointed me since they bought Lucas Film. I'm not giving Disney anymore of my money they have completely done a terrible job with every Star Wars story they tried to create. I was hoping they would turn it around untill, then they completely destroyed Obi-Wan and spent all that time just to give us... the Acolyte...

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I wouldn't expect anything from Lucas Film anytime soon. I think they have killed their project because they have got such terrible reviews. I think South Park covered the reason why. Disney has really disappointed me since they bought Lucas Film. I'm not giving Disney anymore of my money they have completely done a terrible job with every Star Wars story they tried to create. I was hoping they would turn it around untill, then they completely destroyed Obi-Wan and spent all that time just to give us... the Acolyte...
Andor was awesome and the first two seasons of the mandalorian were great, but you are not wrong.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’ve watched it. I thought it was really good. I’ve played Fallout 3 and 4 in the past, but my wife enjoyed it with no context.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I’ve thought for years that this franchise would make for incredible streaming, and it hasn’t disappointed. I just read that it’s already Amazon’s second most streamed show ever

I feel like it may still be short 1-2 strong characters, but the writers have done a really good job with Fallout’s quirkiness so far, and Goggins has stolen the show in season 1

I loved it. Goggins knocked it out of the park like he normally does. Will be excited what they do with the New Vegas setting next season. This is the treatment The Witcher and Halo deserved.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Andor was awesome and the first two seasons of the mandalorian were great, but you are not wrong.
Not Star Wars, but Loki was good too. Meh ending but it’s hard to do a good ending. But they’ve definitely been burning money turning out crap and the vast majority of their Star Wars and more recent marvel stuff they could have done better copying amateur fan fiction.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not Star Wars, but Loki was good too. Meh ending but it’s hard to do a good ending. But they’ve definitely been burning money turning out crap and the vast majority of their Star Wars and more recent marvel stuff they could have done better copying amateur fan fiction.
They did the Loki ending that way because of the Jonathan Majors fallout. Kinda helped write him out of the script so to speak.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The video game world is in a weird place right now. A lot of layoffs and reshuffling studios. The concept of what a lot of us play with games like Fallout and others are getting a little old so to speak. It’s really changing alot.

Reactions: Seinfeld

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

I liked it a lot. I've played all the games in the series (as they came out, no less - I'm pretty old) and I feel like they did a good job of capturing the essence of the games.

The last episode did a good job of tying the story together and I'm happy there'll be a season 2.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The video game world is in a weird place right now. A lot of layoffs and reshuffling studios. The concept of what a lot of us play with games like Fallout and others are getting a little old so to speak. It’s really changing alot.
Seems like the industry is nothing but live service games now. I miss the days when games released everything day one. Then dropped a dlc or 2.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Not really a spoiler and call me a nerd but when the fallout 4 theme played in episode 6 I got a little misty eyed...

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
I didn't play any of the games, so I approached the series with an open mind. Loved it. Goggins is one of my favorite actors and can steal a show better than any other actor. He was perfect for that character. I will watch season 2.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Definitely. Bethesda has been one of my favorite game makers over the last couple decades, but Skyrim was released in 2011, its follow up took 7 years to even announce, and they’re still saying that’s it’s just in pre-production 6 years after that. All while Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 continuously get updates every few months.

I don’t know that they’ll ever let the single player games outright die, but developers clearly aren’t focused on them. $$$ is in the online, typically subscription based franchises

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We've pretty stopped watching a lot of the new Disney stuff. We used to go pretty regularly to the parks as well. But the product has been lacking pretty heavily. They got out of focus of what they used to do well and that was story telling, entertainment, and hospitality. Now it's about making a statement and the almighty dollar. Disney parks are too crazy expensive now and seems based on the last time we went two years ago less hospitable. Their movie tv product has been pretty crappy outside of the Mandalorian and andor. We haven't cared for any of their other shows and movies. Most have bombed so we weren't tge only ones. Now their app has way too much on it.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would give you this cherry tomato, but you got a hole in your neck. Only Goggins can deliver that line in the most perfect way.
Been rewatching justified. But I still think uncle baby Billy is my favorite character of his

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

After 15 minutes for S1 E1, totally checked out. Like watching a Harold Pinter play - tedious.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We've pretty stopped watching a lot of the new Disney stuff. We used to go pretty regularly to the parks as well. But the product has been lacking pretty heavily. They got out of focus of what they used to do well and that was story telling, entertainment, and hospitality. Now it's about making a statement and the almighty dollar. Disney parks are too crazy expensive now and seems based on the last time we went two years ago less hospitable. Their movie tv product has been pretty crappy outside of the Mandalorian and andor. We haven't cared for any of their other shows and movies. Most have bombed so we weren't tge only ones. Now their app has way too much on it.
Disney + was originally worth it. Price increases and poor quality new shows quickly doomed the streaming service. We dropped to basic, non-ad 1080 Netflix as well.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
nerds GIF

• Haha
Reactions: dawgman42

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m going to give 76 a chance now that I know you can turn off pvp.
Same. I tried it a year or so ago on my PS4, and I wanted to like it, but it was still a little too “online” for me. The combat was dumbed down as is typically the case in MMOs, and it just didn’t feel as interactive as Fallout 4. I also don’t like missions that force you to team up with other players.

That said, it’s free on Xbox game pass, and there have allegedly been tons of improvements, so I’ve thought about giving it another shot.

Reactions: PBRME

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Watching more episodes now. We also get Matt Berry’s voiceover. Not to mention the character who oversees Sherriffs name is Sorell Booker. That cannot be a coincidence.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Watching more episodes now. We also get Matt Berry’s voiceover. Not to mention the character who oversees Sherriffs name is Sorell Booker. That cannot be a coincidence.
And the actor played Errol Childress in True Detective S1.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Me too, Disney is right up there w/ Outback Steakhouse on my boycott list........(only semi-sarcastic)