OT: CSpire Fiber Router

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I just moved into a new neighborhood that has CSpire fiber, and they come to hook it up this week. I’m not paying $15 a month to rent their router, and the router from my old house is not compatible.

Single story house around 2,300 sq ft. Screened in patio area off the back of the house where I plan to stream to a tv out there.

Any recommendations?

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I just moved into a new neighborhood that has CSpire fiber, and they come to hook it up this week. I’m not paying $15 a month to rent their router, and the router from my old house is not compatible.

Single story house around 2,300 sq ft. Screened in patio area off the back of the house where I plan to stream to a tv out there.

Any recommendations?
Eero pod system works great for me in similar size home.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
My dad has c-spire fiber and uses the google nest wifi system.
It’s far more reliable than what we have, I wish it was in my part of town.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
A few months ago I ordered this one off Amazon to put outside. It has worked well. The 3 in my house are net gear nighthawk I believe. They are good too but I think more expensive.

They will probably run lines for more than 1 router. I have a 2,700 SF, 2 story house and they put 3 in my house. Might be optional but it’s nice that nowhere in my house drops wifi.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
A few months ago I ordered this one off Amazon to put outside. It has worked well. The 3 in my house are net gear nighthawk I believe. They are good too but I think more expensive.

They will probably run lines for more than 1 router. I have a 2,700 SF, 2 story house and they put 3 in my house. Might be optional but it’s nice that nowhere in my house drops wifi.

The nighthawks are very good. Have them at our shop and office to provide wifi coverage everywhere from our Starlink.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’ve got these. https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-x55/

The 3 pack works great for my house. Think I’ve had to restart one, one time since I installed them last year.

I’m using my old router as a wired access point, ran a hard wire to our main TV, Xbox, and computer. Only issue I had was originally had the tv on wireless, but it’s positioned where it receives about the same signal from two pods. I think it was switching back & forth - would cause it to skip some. That’s when I set up the old router and ran a cable to it (also wired in the Xbox but that’s just because I already had the cable to it… old router wouldn’t reach to where it was)

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’ve got these. https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-x55/

The 3 pack works great for my house. Think I’ve had to restart one, one time since I installed them last year.

I’m using my old router as a wired access point, ran a hard wire to our main TV, Xbox, and computer. Only issue I had was originally had the tv on wireless, but it’s positioned where it receives about the same signal from two pods. I think it was switching back & forth - would cause it to skip some. That’s when I set up the old router and ran a cable to it (also wired in the Xbox but that’s just because I already had the cable to it… old router wouldn’t reach to where it was)
Our is several years older, but the same brand.

TP-Link Deco Mesh AC1900 WiFi System (Deco S4) – Up to 5,500 Sq.ft. Coverage, Replaces WiFi Router and Extender, Gigabit Ports, Works with Alexa, 3-pack