OT: half-hour comedies

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Nope. The way everything is examined and re-examined by the Twitter Mob and Social Warriors, writers must be careful with everything they put down on paper for any TV show or Movie. It's official now that you can't make fun of anyone without risking the wrath said Mob. It makes it funny that these are the same people who are on strike after delivering five years of the worst entertainment of television or film in history. Tell me honestly... when was the last time you were excited about any tv show or movie that follows a script? When was the last time you were interested in the Oscars or Emmys? Even the Grammys?
Are you one of the guys who quit buying bud light?*****

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
"I Think You Should Leave" on Netflix just dropped a new season. It's short sketches, but it's hard laugh funny to me.

Harley Quinn on MAX is pretty over the top, but I enjoy it.

I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Andy Griffith, MASH, Everybody Loves Raymond, Hogans Heroes, two and a half men, and Big Bang, are all still on every day and still great. I also like Young Sheldon although it has about run it’s course.

Aug 22, 2012
Are they dead? Can anyone recommend a funny tv show (streaming or network) currently being produced? And I’m not talking quirky shows that have funny moments occasionally or dramedies, but straight up comedies. The Good Place was probably the last comedy I watched with any regularity.
Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Reactions: mstateglfr

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I'm currently watching Southpark and Reno 911. Family Guy completely lost its edge, leaned too far left.
I enjoyed the first several Night Court reboot episodes until it went too woke for me. I was curious and looked up how it did the rest of the season. It was renewed for a second season, but ratings dropped throughout the season and end about 1/3 from where it started.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Andy Griffith, MASH, Everybody Loves Raymond, Hogans Heroes, two and a half men, and Big Bang, are all still on every day and still great. I also like Young Sheldon although it has about run it’s course.
Never seen Sheldon and I never got the Two and a Half Men thing, but the rest of your list is solid. I would add All in the Family to the classics that I can always watch.

Traditional network comedies: I can and do watch The Office, Seinfeld, and Parks & Rec repeatedly. Others I've enjoyed in recent times would include Scrubs, 30 Rock, Cougartown, Brooklyn 99 and Happy Endings.

Cable shows I wish were still being made: Silicon Valley, Party Down, The League.

All of these are former shows, so I guess to the OP's original point, I'm not watching or don't know about any great 30 minute sitcoms currently being produced.