OT: I say good on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They may steal all my data, but the struck a blow against stupidity and for common sense here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/read-google-s-memo-warning-employees-to-think-again/
Israel is just in that zone where they are allowed to do or say anything and no American is allowed to criticize it. That's mostly a Boomer thing as they stopped paying attention and set in their views a long time ago. The yutes see the shades of gray and have seen Israel walk from what it was to what it is today. They refuse to support a genocide. Good on that.

Pre--empting the typical brain dead responses on this topic: yes yes Hamas sucks. Doesn't condone a genocide or war crimes. To moral people anyway.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
You can have a cause you believe in so strongly you're willing to participate in civil disobedience to try and advance your cause. That takes courage, But the reason it takes courage is because there's likely going to consequences, sometimes severe consequences to your livelihood, your reputation, even your life. Some of these protestors don't seem to understand that's the essential nature of civil disobedience. They should probably read a book on John Lewis, MLK. etc.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I was just wondering what making a protest had to do with her job. you have the right and you should have the right to protest, but when you work for an employer, you should probably concentrate on doing your job.
I agree. I believe in free speech, but your company also is free to let you go when your speech may hurt business. I get to speak to a few high school and college classes each year. The first rule I share about job hunting is make sure your social media is clean.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Israel is just in that zone where they are allowed to do or say anything and no American is allowed to criticize it. That's mostly a Boomer thing as they stopped paying attention and set in their views a long time ago. The yutes see the shades of gray and have seen Israel walk from what it was to what it is today. They refuse to support a genocide. Good on that.

Pre--empting the typical brain dead responses on this topic: yes yes Hamas sucks. Doesn't condone a genocide or war crimes. To moral people anyway.
We get it. You don’t like Israel and their policies.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
these fkn palestine protesters!!! no one in the region wants them in their country and these idiots in the US don’t have a clue about any of the history. just say you hate the jews

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
these fkn palestine protesters!!! no one in the region wants them in their country and these idiots in the US don’t have a clue about any of the history. just say you hate the jews
Interesting conclusion to draw, especially considering there are Jewish people who are protesting/condemning Israel's approach.

It's the Middle East...reality is a touch more complicated that what you claim.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Yep, Charlie Reese loves you for sure. You never change.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You can have a cause you believe in so strongly you're willing to participate in civil disobedience to try and advance your cause. That takes courage, But the reason it takes courage is because there's likely going to consequences, sometimes severe consequences to your livelihood, your reputation, even your life. Some of these protestors don't seem to understand that's the essential nature of civil disobedience. They should probably read a book on John Lewis, MLK. etc.
Well said. They want civil disobedience with absolutely no repercussions or opposition. It doesn't work that way, and it absolutely shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.