OT: Jackson disappearance

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
That area right there around Smith Wills was already in the CCID initially. That made sense.

The expansion basically added the neighborhoods.
It’s sad to read news quotes from blacks who live outside the CCID basically begging for an expansion of the CCID into areas of Jackson not covered by the CCID. The reasonable citizens of Jackson realize that they are stuck between avowed black racists and those black racists’ perceived “enemies.”

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
I can't imagine there are any racist rednecks out there running around Belhaven that are dumb enough to kill a guy for racist motivations in this day and age. But then again, that Anderson killing was only 13 years ago.

I know they are trying to make it a racist thing, but odds are, it's probably just a typical Jackson robbery situation. But it is odd that they find him in Lawrence County.
I highly doubt this was a racist homicide. The next kkk member I see running around Jackson (especially Belhaven the most liberal area of Jackson) will be the first since the days of James Meredith. I work in Jackson and drive around it all the time.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
And that's odd, as well as stating to wait until the investigation is concluded.

It's pretty obvious that she wants someone licensed so that the family can't go get someone
You may not be familiar with Mississippi’s history when it comes to awful medical examiners:

That is a book every Mississippian should read.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I highly doubt this was a racist homicide. The next kkk member I see running around Jackson (especially Belhaven the most liberal area of Jackson) will be the first since the days of James Meredith. I work in Jackson and drive around it all the time.
I've seen some tiktoks recently where folks are claiming Jxn, Flowood ad Madison are "sundown towns." Those dang white supremacist pulling the ultimate, "bait and switch."

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What is a sundown town
from wiki:

"Sundown towns, also known as sunset towns, gray towns, or sundowner towns, are all-whitemunicipalities or neighborhoods in the United States and Canada that were most prevalent before the mid-20th century, which practiced a form of racial segregation by excluding non-whites via some combination of discriminatory local laws, intimidation or violence. The term came into use because of signs that directed "colored people" to leave town by sundown."

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It's pretty obvious that she wants someone licensed so that the family can't go get someone

Exactly.

That is a book every Mississippian should read.

Agreed.

A lot of folks here appreciate local experts and that’s understandable.

But a lot of so-called local experts don’t know crap— and that’s something us SPSers are familiar with given our occasional debate threads…

Reactions: She Mate Me

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It’s sad to read news quotes from blacks who live outside the CCID basically begging for an expansion of the CCID into areas of Jackson not covered by the CCID. The reasonable citizens of Jackson realize that they are stuck between avowed black racists and those black racists’ perceived “enemies.”
The issue is the mayor they overwhelmingly reelected (and will be reelected again) has fought the CCID every step of the way. Jxn voters have got to start making better choices at the ballot box, unfortunately I don't see that happening.