OT: Kid’s School

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Anyone here have scuttlebutt on the St Augustine school on Highland Colony? Little rotor is a few years from jr high, but the battle axe and I are intrigued in the idea, but I was wondering if anyone here had 1st/2nd hand experience. If it’s better to DM me, feel free to sliiiiiiiide on in. ****
Hail State

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Anyone here have scuttlebutt on the St Augustine school on Highland Colony? Little rotor is a few years from jr high, but the battle axe and I are intrigued in the idea, but I was wondering if anyone here had 1st/2nd hand experience. If it’s better to DM me, feel free to sliiiiiiiide on in. ****
Hail State
So, not 1st hand knowledge but my son has a friend who's sister is graduating from there this year. I also had a friend who was a teacher there for a few years. What I can tell you is that it's part of MAIS and is not affiliated with any one religious denomination.

They do have sports teams but don't have football, basketball or baseball. With basketball and baseball they may play with the Victors homeschool group but I'm not sure.

They typically have a couple of informational meetings (one at the end of the year and one at the beginning) that you can attend if you are interested. I think you actually have to attend one to be considered for enrollment.

With the lower school (K4 - 6th), students learn at home 3 days a week and go to St. Augustine the other two. In 7th grade it flips and students attend St Augustine 3 days a week and home 2 days a week.

From what I've been told the cost is fairly reasonable.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
So, not 1st hand knowledge but my son has a friend who's sister is graduating from there this year. I also had a friend who was a teacher there for a few years. What I can tell you is that it's part of MAIS and is not affiliated with any one religious denomination.

They do have sports teams but don't have football, basketball or baseball. With basketball and baseball they may play with the Victors homeschool group but I'm not sure.

They typically have a couple of informational meetings (one at the end of the year and one at the beginning) that you can attend if you are interested. I think you actually have to attend one to be considered for enrollment.

With the lower school (K4 - 6th), students learn at home 3 days a week and go to St. Augustine the other two. In 7th grade it flips and students attend St Augustine 3 days a week and home 2 days a week.

From what I've been told the cost is fairly reasonable.

FWIW, the few kids I know who go there through sports with my kids seem like solid kids with caring and involved parents.