OT: Name a random good movie & where it's streaming

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Just peak Tommy Lee Jones (stars & directs), and almost a preview for his role in No Country for Old Men. Loaded supporting cast too.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Not streaming, but my son and I went to see Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire at a local theater last night. It’s a wrestling storyline and a pretty damn good one!

SPOILERS AHEAD:
They created a sympathetic babyface, Kong, and a dastardly heel, the Skar King without having either of them speak.

In their first fight, Skar King cheats by having his partner Shimo interfere and hurts Kong. Kong then has to rehab his injury and call on his old nemesis Godzilla (who in the meantime gets a couple of easy wins over some jobbers) to come help him with the fight.

Godzilla is still mad at Kong about their last fight (which Godzilla won), so Godzilla attacks Kong. They fight and Kong mostly gets the better of Godzilla after he suplexes him into the Egyptian pyramids (yes, this happens), but Godzilla doesn’t give up and just when he’s about to give Kong the nuclear breath, “the voice of reason”, Mothra, comes out and encourages Godzilla to help Kong fight Skar King and his lackeys.

So, Godzilla and Kong (managed by Mothra) start their tag team fight against Skar and Shimo (and some of Skar’s lackeys),and it’s 50/50 for the most part until Skar and his lackeys start to get the upper hand, but then after getting tired of getting ridiculed and pie-faced by Skar… we get a FACE TURN BY SHIMO. That turns the tide and the faces triumph over the heels with Shimo, Kong, and Godzilla all getting to hit their finisher. Kong and Godzilla leave with mutual respect. Godzilla takes a nap and Kong goes to party with the boys.

Oh yeah… and some humans were around for commentary. It might be the best wrestling movie ever made actually.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Shaving Ryan's Privates
Vine Wtf GIF

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Streaming on Amazon. Really good movie with Steve Carrell, Bryan Cranston and Laurence Fishburne.

Last Flag Flying.jpg

Attachments

• Last Flag Flying.jpg
    Last Flag Flying.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1

landyisdandy

Dec 14, 2023
The Iron Claw on MAX. True story based on the Von Erich wrestling family. It will be a movie that sticks with you for a few days after.

Reactions: dorndawg

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Am I remembering correctly this movie is a sequel of sorts to "Last Detail" with Nicholson? I've had both movies on my list for years.
I'm not sure. I was just looking for something to watch one day and found this. I thought it was really well done. I always like comedians in serious roles.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
"We were the Lucky Ones" streaming on Hulu. 5 part holocaust story about a Jewish family dispersed by WW2 and how they lived during the war and reunited
I just can't do Holocaust films/tv, of course acknowledging their importance as art. I watched about 5 minutes of Zone of Interest and had to drop it. Same with Schindler's List - I just tell people I've seen it.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
My wife and I watched interstellar recently on prime, and we each thought it was good.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Double feature on Netflix starring Sean Harris & Joel Edgerton

The Stranger + The King

Two really good actors in two solid movies.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I just can't do Holocaust films/tv, of course acknowledging their importance as art. I watched about 5 minutes of Zone of Interest and had to drop it. Same with Schindler's List - I just tell people I've seen it.
When I was a junior in high school, my history teacher gave us bonus points if we watched Schindler's list in the theater. So I went. I figured she would ask us questions so I watched as much as I could, but had to step out a few times. Tough watch. I've never even attempted to watch it again.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Do not waste your time with Anyone But You. The wife put it on last night. The dialogue was so bad that I wanted to sleep, except a couple of things kept waking me up.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
If you want something light, I stumbled onto "The Wrong Missy" one night. David Spade movie on Netflix. I'm guessing it was produced by Adam Sandler because it has all his typical cast of characters in it. It's dumb and a little predictable, but I laughed. It has a lot of good one liners and the girl in it is hilarious.

Reactions: hdogg

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Falling Down is a great movie. I believe it's available for PPV on several streaming outlets.
i hated that movie when it came out in 93. but in 93 i was only 20 years old. 30 years later, I GET IT... i usually hate remakes but i would love to see this remade and see the types of people he would run across in the streets today...

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
When I was a junior in high school, my history teacher gave us bonus points if we watched Schindler's list in the theater. So I went. I figured she would ask us questions so I watched as much as I could, but had to step out a few times. Tough watch. I've never even attempted to watch it again.
My 7th grade English teacher asked us to watch it for extra credit. I was mortified. A bunch of parents were pissed when they found out.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
We Were Soldiers Once (not sure if it’s streaming, though)

Great movie; even better book.
Watched it once as a civie right when it came out and then watched it for the second time on a bivouac during Officer Candidate School, which occurred between the early ongoings of OEF and the kickoff of OIF. It hit a LOT harder the second time.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
i hated that movie when it came out in 93. but in 93 i was only 20 years old. 30 years later, I GET IT... i usually hate remakes but i would love to see this remade and see the types of people he would run across in the streets today...,
It will never get made now because of the possibility that there's something in it that will offend someone. It might homogenize it, but it won't get remade.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
The Tattooist of Auschwitz. New series on Peacock. The book is amazing and series is really good.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It is one of the most incredible movies ever made. I will never watch it again.