OT: Question for the lawyers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
I don't get into politics any longer for sanity purposes. I've signed a lot of NDA's professionally relating to financials and due diligence. Question for the attorneys, or those who play one on the internet: Not following the Trump trial, but it's been on my Yahoo page every time I open it. How is / was Stormy Daniels able to circumvent the NDA she signed? Would / could this case become a president for others circumventing NDA's in the future?
Not looking for this to turn political, just want an answer.

Reactions: FormerBully

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don't get into politics any longer for sanity purposes. I've signed a lot of NDA's professionally relating to financials and due diligence. Question for the attorneys, or those who play one on the internet: Not following the Trump trial, but it's been on my Yahoo page every time I open it. How is / was Stormy Daniels able to circumvent the NDA she signed? Would / could this case become a president for others circumventing NDA's in the future?
Hold Breath GIF - Hold Breath Psych - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Submitted without comment:

1715113575857.png

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Did she make this statement on the back of an envelope? Good lord, how do you get typing paper so messed up looking?
It's definitely amateur hour stuff. But her lawyers acknowledged it was real.

Reactions: dorndawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
She made a living letting dudes hide their pickle inside her jar in front of the camera. All you need to know.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I thought the NDA was removed/eliminated back when Trump was president.
That didn't happen?

I havent kept up on the drama surrounding 'did they/didn't they' because Trump and Stormy are no Sam and Diane or Jim and Pam.

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Related question:

Where the hell is the line drawn with respect to blackmail? Pretty sure her calling and saying she is going to talk about the affair unless she gets paid is blackmail. I assume her lawyer doing that makes him an accessory to blackmail. But I guess if you just sort of kind of hint that people are interested in the story and Trump or Trump's attorney "voluntarily" offers the hush money payment, it's ok? What if they had offered $50k and then she demanded $100k, can they say they voluntarily offered $50k but the request for $50k more is blackmail?

Just seems like a weird crime period. You can voluntarily disclose true information and you're fine. You can (maybe?) accept hush money that's voluntarily offered and you're fine. But if you ask for hush money to not disclose true information you're a felon?

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Submitted without comment:

View attachment 572025

Please Disperse Naked Gun GIF

If it was just her word against his, there would be no case. But, there's a paper trail. His best legal defense is to claim he's ignorant of the financial details because he doesn't get involved in any of that stuff. But he has personal reasons to not want to go that route. That puts him in a pickle, hidden or not.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Related question:

Where the hell is the line drawn with respect to blackmail? Pretty sure her calling and saying she is going to talk about the affair unless she gets paid is blackmail. I assume her lawyer doing that makes him an accessory to blackmail. But I guess if you just sort of kind of hint that people are interested in the story and Trump or Trump's attorney "voluntarily" offers the hush money payment, it's ok? What if they had offered $50k and then she demanded $100k, can they say they voluntarily offered $50k but the request for $50k more is blackmail?

Just seems like a weird crime period. You can voluntarily disclose true information and you're fine. You can (maybe?) accept hush money that's voluntarily offered and you're fine. But if you ask for hush money to not disclose true information you're a felon?
Fair question. My sense is there is no clear line, and what side of it you fall on depends on how good your lawyer is and/or how much a prosector wants to go after you. The law isn't as fair as we like to pretend it is.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Please Disperse Naked Gun GIF

If it was just her word against his, there would be no case. But, there's a paper trail. His best legal defense is to claim he's ignorant of the financial details because he doesn't get involved in any of that stuff. But he has personal reasons to not want to go that route. That puts him in a pickle, hidden or not.
His best defense is that there is no underlying crime to make the misdemeanor record charge into a felony. Can’t imagine it will pass constitutional muster to elevate a state misdemeanor to a felony based on an alleged federal crime that there is no prosecution for.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
His pickle probably looked like one of those teeny little sweet salad gherkin pickles in that 1 gallon jar of hers
I would imagine after all those giants burned black pickles a normal size pickle would look small.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
It's all a reach. There is absolutely no one else on the planet who a DA would try to prosecute for this.
She says she didn't and he said he didn't. Have to assume they didn't. Probably met at one time or another, but nothing interesting happened. Besides, none to this has anything to do with an alleged book keeping or check stub entry. 100% show trial for the Dems in order to get Trump for anything.......because they don't have anything to win an election straight up.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.