OT - RIP Meat Loaf

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
Very Talented and though I never saw him, he supposedly put on a heck of a show. I guess he went into eternity without doing “that”.
 
Last edited:

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,696
14,563
113
Hot take: He wasn't very good

 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
He's legitimately one of the best singers in rock history. And I'd have said that even if he hadn't gone on to his great reward this morning.
 
Last edited:

jb1020

Freshman
Jun 7, 2009
1,866
87
48
its against the law to touch the dial when

Paradise by the dashboard light comes on the radio.

Meat Loaf ******* ruled. He was great. I even liked him when he was on the Apprentice.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,625
7,399
113
Back when I was in the USMC reserves I had to fly into LAX before heading out to 29 palms. I'm flying coach and this dude in all black sits next to me. I think nothing of it, 3 hour flight, not a word. Waiting on luggage and everyone is asking if he was cool. I'm like, huh...it was Meat Loaf.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
We have lost some folks recently- Betty White, Bob Saget, Ron Franklin, Louie Anderson, and now Meat Loaf.
Thought these things use to just run in 3’s ?!?
 

DawgInThe256

All-Conference
Feb 18, 2011
1,572
1,408
83
I have a theory that (because of the age of television) we're in a time period where the number of "famous people" dying each day is at an all time high.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Obviously the older crowd loves his overly dramatic operetta type thing. Just not my thing at all.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,591
8,570
102
Maybe you didn't catch the Suttleties...

Meat Loaf, an absolute powerhouse of a performer, has died at the age of 74. Bat Out Of Hell is a high water mark of the rock & roll era, a totem of all of its excess that’s simultaneously a spoof. https://t.co/hyhBSZDlbU— Stephen Thomas Erlewine (@sterlewine) January 21, 2022
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
We have lost some folks recently- Betty White, Bob Saget, Ron Franklin, Louie Anderson, and now Meat Loaf.
Thought these things use to just run in 3’s ?!?

Sidney Poitier died the other day, too. I had the same thought this morning about it used to just be 3s. But I think Dawginthe256 is probably on to something because a lot of people who were famous in the 60s, 70s and 80s, who we're all likely to know, are starting to get up there in years.
 

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,515
1,462
113
Obviously the older crowd loves his overly dramatic operetta type thing. Just not my thing at all.

Not just an age thing. I'm 65 right in my wheel house and can't say I was big into his thing either. Probably a bunch of artist I like others would say the same. Kinda how music works.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar