OT: Snappy comebacks to stupid things you’ve said

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
So my favorite is when I go into a restaurant and a cute young hostess asks “May I have your name?”

“Only if you marry me!” 😉

Reactions: Hlstone

BostonNit

Oct 27, 2021
Went to the Michigan / Colorado State game last weekend in Ann Arbor, wearing PSU shirt and hat.

Guy at urinal next to me: "Do you think you'll manage a winning record this year?"

Me: "Do you realize your seniors have a losing record against us?" <flush>

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Went to the Michigan / Colorado State game last weekend in Ann Arbor, wearing PSU shirt and hat.

Guy at urinal next to me: "Do you think you'll manage a winning record this year?"

Was it small?

Reactions: Bison13

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
So my favorite is when I go into a restaurant and a cute young hostess asks “May I have your name?”

So what’s her snappy comeback to the stupid thing you say?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I was watching Bob’s Burgers and someone asks the guy in the ticket booth at an amusement if he was selling tickets. “No, I’m being held here in this booth against my will.”

Reactions: BobPSU92

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
My all time favorite comeback is one that I witnessed as a 9th grader in high school. Walked into the lav to see the Assistant Principal, Mr. Smith, and a senior at the two urinals so I step aside to wait my turn. They both finish at the same time and the senior heads straight for the door without washing his hands. Mr. Smith calls out to him saying "In my house, we were taught to wash our hands after we used the facilities." The senior replied "In my house, we were taight not to piss on our hands when we used the facilities" and walked out the door.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
It doesn’t quite fit the category but I can’t resist. We had a substitute teacher in 8th grade. He jumped right into the History material at the start of class, writing on the board and lecturing, without introducing himself. After about 5 minutes I sensed tension in the room so I raised my hand and said, “you’ve been lecturing us for 5 minutes now, would you mind telling us your name?” He responded abruptly, “Schultz!” That only raised the tension level so I took the gamble and followed up right in stride with, “thanks, but what’s your last name?”

Somehow I survived that one with chuckles all around. The class resumed much better than it started and Dad didn’t have to kick my a$$ that night. Whew!

Reactions: PhillyBillyReprise

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

noice GIF

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I can remember one of my finest comebacks all the way from 7th grade.

History teacher was one we could banter with and one time he said I looked like a squirrel monkey. Immediate reply in front of class " you look like something at the bottom of a squirrel monkey cage".

That's pretty good for 13 years old, I'd say.

Good comebacks are one of my favorite things but I either have something on deck or I don't. It has to come to me. Which is why a certain poster or two has it coming, I just have to wait for the right moment.

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
Old Girlfriend bought a new car a Mercury Capri

My first question to her was - how do you pronounce the name of the car - Crappy?

She was not happy.

Michaelion

Oct 13, 2021
Years ago in a nightclub I walked up to the bar to get a beer and said hello to the girls sitting there-

Girl sitting on the left: "I'm April"
Girl on the right: "...and I'm June"
Me (somehow right on time): "May I come between you?"

A friend actually ended up dating June (not her real name) for awhile.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Well one thing this thread proves is that a lot of you can't read....

It clearly says snappy comebacks to stupid things you've said.....not your snappy comebacks. Despite some of them being quite good, you fail because you didn't follow instructions. :)

Leo Ridens

Oct 12, 2021
Years ago in a nightclub I walked up to the bar to get a beer and said hello to the girls sitting there-

Girl sitting on the left: "I'm April"
Girl on the right: "...and I'm June"
Me (somehow right on time): "May I come between you?"

A friend actually ended up dating June (not her real name) for awhile.
Years ago I walked into a bar with my wingman and said hi to three girls. The cutest one said, " Hi, I am April, and these are my friends May and June". I instantly replied, "I am Julio, and this is my friend Augusto". That is the best I could do under the circumstances. Nothing came of it. Michaelion, your reply was much better. I bow to you, Sir.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I was coaching 10yo lax (assistant) and Braden (you know the kid) asked me where Head Coach Joe was, instinctively I told “at your moms house”
Little bastard never shut up all season

Michaelion

Oct 13, 2021
As to Snappy comebacks for stupid things I have said-

Called a friend before 8 AM on a weekend and asked “you up?”
Him: “ No, I’m talking in my sleep”

Michaelion

Oct 13, 2021
Another is the redundancy of stating something along the lines of…

Me: “It’s a 2016 Ford F-150”
Pal: “Oh, thanks for clarifying that in the event it happened to be a 1916 Chevy F-150”

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
As to Snappy comebacks for stupid things I have said-

Called a friend before 8 AM on a weekend and asked “you up?”
Him: “ No, I’m talking in my sleep”
I had a roommate who would always answer the question "Were you sleeping?" with "No, I had to get up to answer the phone"

Reactions: Bison13

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Well one thing this thread proves is that a lot of you can't read....

It clearly says snappy comebacks to stupid things you've said.....not your snappy comebacks. Despite some of them being quite good, you fail because you didn't follow instructions. :)

I can read. I can also ignore instructions.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021

So what’s her snappy comeback to the stupid thing you say?

Sometimes a cute smile…..sometimes a blank stare.

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
I know I’m going to hell for this. My dad was a very conservative, very Catholic man, and one day he decided to have a conversation with me, just about to go to college.

-Son, we should have a talk about women.
-Alrighty, what would you like to know?

What an AH I was.
Was?

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I embarrassed myself recently in front of Les Claypool's wife. At VIP meet and greet and I didn't know it was her and she was passing out stickers for her wine company and pointed out to me the info on the back and said it's like a business card. I did the polite thing of showing that I looked at the card and was impressed. Then I asked her name.

Dumbass, she just handed you a business card! I apologized and explained I haven't been in public much the last few years, basically living like Tarzan. She smiled, so good enough for me.

Then Primus destroyed the place.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts