OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just began The Consultant on Amazon Prime. A dark tale about a mysterious consultant who shows up at a gaming firm post the CEO being assassinated by a child. Starring Christopher Walz as the consultant. Looks pretty dark and sinister so far!

Last edited:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just began The Consultant on Amazon Prime. A dark tale about a mysterious consultant who shows up at a gaming firm post the CEO being assassinated by a child. Starring Christopher Walz as the consultant. Looks pretty dark and sinister so far!

Worth the watch and for NEPA denizens, former WNEP anchor Julie Sidoni is in a cameo at the end of the series as a newscaster that kind of explains what may have been going on!!

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
flags all over this field!!
Pick it up!!

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Just finished Poker Face on Peacock. What a terrific show. It has been renewed. Just extremely enjoyable to watch. Natasha Lyonne is great in it and a killer soundtrack each week. The season ended with Neil Young’s Walk On!!

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Season 2 and last season of Your Honor wrapped up yesterday. Good show and Bryan Cranston is always entertaining in any role. Still enjoying Shrinking on APPLE TV. Harrison Ford is a riot in this show. Watching Daisy Jones and The Six on Prime. Elvis and Priscilla’s granddaughter, Riley Keogh,
in the lead, pretty hot if I say so myself. Also pretty hot is Camilla Morrone in the role of wife to Daisy’s paramour in the band. Lots of similarities to the Fleetwood Mac saga.

No flags for me!!

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Season 2 and last season of Your Honor wrapped up yesterday. Good show and Bryan Cranston is always entertaining in any role. Still enjoying Shrinking on APPLE TV. Harrison Ford is a riot in this show. Watching Daisy Jones and The Six on Prime. Elvis and Priscilla’s granddaughter, Riley Keogh,
in the lead, pretty hot if I say so myself. Also pretty hot is Camilla Morrone in the role of wife to Daisy’s paramour in the band. Lots of similarities to the Fleetwood Mac saga.

No flags for me!!
I've been enjoying Shrinking as well. Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent for the Lassophiles) on the writing team

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
What I've been watching recently:

Shrinking - Just wrapped it up today. I enjoyed it, I generally like Jason Segal in most things. Had some funny writing, though I do wonder what the deal is with the writers. Nobody talks about sex as much, or in front of children in detail, etc as they have these people do. But I like the overall story of the therapists helping others while dealing with their own crap, and could associate a lot with some of the feelings of loss described in the show after this past year.

Ted Lasso - Such an easy, enjoyable watch. I'm never disappointed by the writing in this one, and so far season 3 is the same.

Top Chef - I'll admit, I watch all the reality cooking shows (though not the dessert-themed ones). Top Chef will always be the top dog though. Padma looking good as ever, like the international theme this go-round.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Shrinking - Just wrapped it up today. I enjoyed it, I generally like Jason Segal in most things. Had some funny writing, though I do wonder what the deal is with the writers. Nobody talks about sex as much, or in front of children in detail, etc as they have these people do. But I like the overall story of the therapists helping others while dealing with their own crap, and could associate a lot with some of the feelings of loss described in the show after this past year.

Ted Lasso - Such an easy, enjoyable watch. I'm never disappointed by the writing in this one, and so far season 3 is the same.

Top Chef - I'll admit, I watch all the reality cooking shows (though not the dessert-themed ones). Top Chef will always be the top dog though. Padma looking good as ever, like the international theme this go-round.

Loving TC this season. Also, weirdly finding Gail more and more attractive (maybe because she seems like a lot of fun and always has a drink in hand)….

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
Loving TC this season. Also, weirdly finding Gail more and more attractive (maybe because she seems like a lot of fun and always has a drink in hand)….

Yeah, she looks as good or better now than 15 years ago. It helps she's not afraid to proudly wear the push up bras and let them breathe.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

I love Padma, but she is so botoxed up she can barely close her eyes….

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Not really. Having dealt with a sister with major psychological issues. Stories like his are par for the course.
Not doubting you or that part of his story at all, since there seems to be some video and eye witness testimony confirming it.
But some of the statements and tweets (yea take that for what its worth) by the New York and Yale Drama Communities could be troublesome.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Night Agent on Netflix ... binge-worthy government conspiracy series. As is often the case, as the mystery unfolds, it becomes less believable, but it has enough to hold one's attention and ignore most of the plot holes in the second half, after a compelling first half.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Not doubting you or that part of his story at all, since there seems to be some video and eye witness testimony confirming it.
But some of the statements and tweets (yea take that for what its worth) by the New York and Yale Drama Communities could be troublesome.

I missed the tweets from the drama communities....anything official RE Yale?

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I missed the tweets from the drama communities....anything official RE Yale?
Not from anywhere I've seen. Just sort of vague accusations about someone the "twitter world is in love with" BEFORE the arrest and then more pointed afterward.
I do find it a little "odd" that, outside of his manager and attorney, I haven't seen anyone coming to his defense. Like Spike Lee, Delroy Lindo, Idris Elba, Michael B...🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Midnighter

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I’m rewatching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Noticed that when he took his physician girlfriend for crabs, they were served what looked like dungeones crabs, but absolutely not blue crabs. I detest these Hollywood gaffes, like having west coast vegetation when they are supposed to be on the east coast.

Second comment about the series. In season one he starts dating Dr. Cathy Meuller, their relationship survives her finding out about his CIA career, and the season ends with her in a prominent role. Season two and beyond has no mention of her, and Ryan hooks up with the German spy in Venezuela in season 2. Ryan dating or being married to a medical Doctor has been part of every Jack Ryan movie I can think of (I haven’t read the books), but it’s seems she’s been written off of this series. Unless Ryan was cheating on Dr. Mueller?

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
Night Agent on Netflix ... binge-worthy government conspiracy series. As is often the case, as the mystery unfolds, it becomes less believable, but it has enough to hold one's attention and ignore most of the plot holes in the second half, after a compelling first half.
I'm 4 episodes in and it's not bad.
Waiting for the 2 main characters to hook up.
Like the chief of staff as an actress

Reactions: Moogy and udsig91

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
My wife and I just started watching. Finished episode 2 tonight.

Reactions: Moogy

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
The last 2 episodes of The Mandalorian have been excellent. I just wish they were longer.
I am getting a little put off by the stilted, robotic speaking of the Mandalorians. Starting to wear thin on me. Pedro Pascal is so much better than being in that helmet.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I am getting a little put off by the stilted, robotic speaking of the Mandalorians. Starting to wear thin on me. Pedro Pascal is so much better than being in that helmet.
Thats not really bothering me too much. With the way the last episode ended I wonder how much longer they or he will be wearing the helmet. Maybe he will "walk another way".
I think my favorite character this season is the Mando Armorer.
I also like the brief intro to Zeb Orrelios. I think we see more of him in the Ahsoka series, at least I hope so.

Reactions: Zenophile

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
I’m rewatching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Noticed that when he took his physician girlfriend for crabs, they were served what looked like dungeones crabs, but absolutely not blue crabs. I detest these Hollywood gaffes, like having west coast vegetation when they are supposed to be on the east coast.

Second comment about the series. In season one he starts dating Dr. Cathy Meuller, their relationship survives her finding out about his CIA career, and the season ends with her in a prominent role. Season two and beyond has no mention of her, and Ryan hooks up with the German spy in Venezuela in season 2. Ryan dating or being married to a medical Doctor has been part of every Jack Ryan movie I can think of (I haven’t read the books), but it’s seems she’s been written off of this series. Unless Ryan was cheating on Dr. Mueller?
If I recall his girlfriend character was incredibly annoying. Maybe they realized this and went in another direction.
I thought season one was great and two was a little boring. Hoping for a great season three.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
If I recall his girlfriend character was incredibly annoying. Maybe they realized this and went in another direction.
I thought season one was great and two was a little boring. Hoping for a great season three.
Season three is good. No signs or mention of Dr. Cathy…

Reactions: Hlstone

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021

Tom Cruise really held onto the side of an Airbus A400M military transport plane as it took off in the movie "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation."

The scene, which was widely publicized and promoted as one of the film's key stunts, shows Cruise's character Ethan Hunt holding onto the side of the plane as it accelerates down the runway and takes off into the air. Cruise actually performed the stunt himself, with the aid of safety harnesses and wires, and was attached to the side of the plane throughout the take-off and landing. 😱

While the stunt was widely praised for its realism and intensity, it also raised concerns about safety and the potential for copycat behaviour. Cruise and the filmmakers have defended the stunt, emphasizing the extensive safety precautions that were taken and the professional training that Cruise underwent to prepare for the scene.

Overall, the "plane scene" in "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" is a notable example of Tom Cruise's dedication to performing his own stunts and pushing the boundaries of what is possible in action filmmaking.