OT: Tornado chances this week...

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
For the WeatherDogs: With all the bad weather to our west over the weekend, what is the chance we in Mississippi will see some of that this week? I know the NWS is saying rain on Monday, but what are the chances it could be more?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
For the WeatherDogs: With all the bad weather to our west over the weekend, what is the chance we in Mississippi will see some of that this week? I know the NWS is saying rain on Monday, but what are the chances it could be more?
Not looking like anything tornadic. Mostly non severe storms as it moves east.

Reactions: hatfieldms

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The weather can always change, but as of right now, it looks like Central Plains will get the severe weather. It looks like it will be a stormy May for the Plains states.

ETA – all bets are off come hurricane season.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
SW part of the state may see some severe weather tomorrow, but nothing to the scale of the last few days. GFS has been back and forth on a couple more shots at severe weather end of this week and next week, but that far out I'm not concerned at all. This has been one of the quietest springs in recent memory.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Kinda off topic but damn there are some FANTASTIC videos of the Tornados up there. Couple of people got some absolutely incredible footage.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Kinda off topic but damn there are some FANTASTIC videos of the Tornados up there. Couple of people got some absolutely incredible footage.
That high def one where they run up on the overturned 18-wheeler is insane. It looks like CGI.