OT- UPC files suit against ACC in Pickens County.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
FSU has found a wedge. The other school has found wedgies.......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Well, thankfully, one GOOD wedge will do.

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
I would like to see FSU and Clemson in the SEC. Would make our games even more exciting AND it would look better if USC lost to a SEC team rather than an ACC one. Hope UNC and Va join also. Then the SEC could stop expanding. I agree that there is a wink somewhere and FSU and Clemson have a landing spot.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I would like to see FSU and Clemson in the SEC. Would make our games even more exciting AND it would look better if USC lost to a SEC team rather than an ACC one. Hope UNC and Va join also. Then the SEC could stop expanding. I agree that there is a wink somewhere and FSU and Clemson have a landing spot.

SEC should have stopped expanding after USC & Arky joined.

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
SEC should have stopped expanding after USC & Arky joined.
I kinda liked it better as a 12 team conference so agree but how can you say no to Texas and Ok? Don't really think A&M and Mizzou add much. Especially Mizzou. They really wanted a B10 invite. SEC should have added WVa instead. WVa would have been more of a cultural and athletic fit. Mizzou allowed a bunch of snotty nosed bored kids to take over its campus.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
And you are not ? Biased for who ?
I have read the court filings from both parties, and Fridays court transcripts, can you make the same claim ?

it's a forum. i can claim anything, just like you. in fact, i was at the hearing in person.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I kinda liked it better as a 12 team conference so agree but how can you say no to Texas and Ok? Don't really think A&M and Mizzou add much. Especially Mizzou. They really wanted a B10 invite. SEC should have added WVa instead. WVa would have been more of a cultural and athletic fit. Mizzou allowed a bunch of snotty nosed bored kids to take over its campus.
The whole state of West Virginia, and particularly the university system, is extremely fiscally disadvantaged. It's been all over the news. Both Missouri and A&M are premier state universities. Missouri' s TV market is shared by no one. And just what is it you think WE added?

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
The whole state of West Virginia, and particularly the university system, is extremely fiscally disadvantaged. It's been all over the news. Both Missouri and A&M are premier state universities. Missouri' s TV market is shared by no one. And just what is it you think WE added?
The SEC targeted both Missouri and TAMU who are AAU members to elevate the SEC academic profile.

Reactions: KingWard

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
For what reason exactly. They have increased their value each time. Isn’t that the objective is a business
Ideally, the objective is athletics competition with like-minded schools in your region of the country. Enough members so that you compete with each member once in football, twice in basketball, and three times in baseball. Every. Single. Season.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I say an emphatic no to the bully in Austin. And no to splitting up Norman and Stillwater.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
A 12th member so that the league could host a championship football game. I wonder if the SEC and/or Ga Tech and any interest in the Jackets returning to the SEC?

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
A 12th member so that the league could host a championship football game. I wonder if the SEC and/or Ga Tech and any interest in the Jackets returning to the SEC?
That just means they needed a body. A body is all they got. We're fortunate they seized upon us and contiguousness and FSU's folly were the only reasons..

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
I say an emphatic no to the bully in Austin. And no to splitting up Norman and Stillwater.
Yeah, Texas has a reputation as a bully but they won't be able to get away with that in the SEC.

USC was very lucky to get in the SEC. Was certainly not invited because of any fantastic athletic accomplishments. FB gods shone their light on USC at that moment.

Mizzou whored itself out for a B10 invite but B10 knew better. USC should have gone to school on that. SEC wanted WVa. WVa wanted the SEC but ESPN wanted Mizzou.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, Texas has a reputation as a bully but they won't be able to get away with that in the SEC.

USC was very lucky to get in the SEC. Was certainly not invited because of any fantastic athletic accomplishments. FB gods shone their light on USC at that moment.

Mizzou whored itself out for a B10 invite but B10 knew better. USC should have gone to school on that. SEC wanted WVa. WVa wanted the SEC but ESPN wanted Mizzou.
And the "not getting away with it" is likely the price of admission. Still don't care for them.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Ideally, the objective is athletics competition with like-minded schools in your region of the country. Enough members so that you compete with each member once in football, twice in basketball, and three times in baseball. Every. Single. Season.
I think if you asked the departments they would agree with many parameters. Don’t fool yourself it’s about making money. The only reason the other sports exist is because of title 19. Without it many wouldn’t even exist.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I think if you asked the departments they would agree with many parameters. Don’t fool yourself it’s about making money. The only reason the other sports exist is because of title 19. Without it many wouldn’t even exist.
How do D-III schools make it work? And those schools which do not sponsor football?

Latest posts