Papelbon on Stephen A Smith

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Thought that was kind of weird, honestly. Everybody knows at this point who Stephen A is: an entertainer. I've never watched First Take (other than clips like this), but I'd assume NFL, NBA, and maybe college football are their major coverage areas. He was goofing on Trout in particular and MLB in general, which I took as playing to his audience. And he's not totally wrong - Mike Trout has been injured what seems like a LOT for an outfielder.

Papelbon made it oddly personal there. I get not liking Stephen A; I certainly don't enjoy listening to him. Will be interesting to see if Stephan A responds to him.

Also, Stephen A ain't the one out here being a full-grown 43 year old man rocking frosted tips like it's 1999.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Who's going to say what Smith does for a living out loud though.

Same thing happened to Mel Kiper a while back by an NFL owner. Kiper has zero credibility to say what he says. Same with Smith. Smith gets paid to be a clown

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What did Smith say that was wrong? I didn’t see anything wrong with it.

ETA: Strength and conditioning in baseball isn’t the best, or at least, not the most scientific when it comes to what you need to do.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I didn’t realize that AJ Pierzynski’s daughter was coming to play volleyball for state.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
video has been taken down. Any cliff notes version from anybody who watched it??
Stephan A said baseball players, and Mike Trout in particular, get hurt a lot despite playing a sport that isn't seemingly as taxing as football or baseball. Papelbon responded and said Stephan A doesn't know anything about baseball and was run out of the Phillies locker room.

Reactions: OldVideoGuy