Patriots vs Seahawks

Yellowsnow51

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2025
2,623
4,230
113
Honest question, can Drake Maye read coverage? @Yellowsnow51
Yeah. It was rough to watch for sure. My keeper QB.

A few things.

I think Seattle's secondary and defensive scheme is pretty much as good as it gets. I also think Maye was playing with a depleted toolbox with Henderson and Brown down. But there's no excuses for at least two of those throws and definitely the last one. He also has the weird dynamic of being a young QB with a veteran WR corps.

You can tell offensive staff still doesn't fully trust him dropping back and doing full field coverages by the simple fact they're still spending half the time in the I formation, using boots and Playaction based on timing and flooding, limiting how much freedom, he has to make choices. He's in that stage that McNabb and Lamar Jackson were in early in their careers where if he's going to have success, much of it is going to be with his legs.

But when he's good he's good. More than you asked for but a game against that defense is tough to judge a young QB by for sure. I think he will continue to get better for sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AFM22
Jun 1, 2026
1,893
664
113
Seahawks looked great last year. Have to wonder if they can repeat.

Gotta admit watching the discarded Sam Darnold win it all was hilarious considering the "progress" of one JJ McCarty.
The Vikings weren’t going to win the SB with Darnold so why pay him qb1 money. The Seahawks had a much better team around him. That’s why he won a SB
 
  • Like
Reactions: m.knox

Aardvark86

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
2,495
3,512
113
Well, when he was a coach he seemed angry and super intense. Never saw him having a laugh when he was coaching the Steelers like I saw him yukking it up last night.
I'll grant you intense, but not angry. It's one of the reasons I've always had a great admiration for him as a pro coach - he doesn't jump around the sidelines like an unhinged lunatic.

And he did certainly seem more relaxed last night.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gibbs_dontbanmetom
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Talent in Town: The scoop on Clemson's big recruiting weekend
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football A fair question to ask about Clemson Football ahead of its showdown with No. 4 Miami
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Thursday Clemson Football Insider
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Thursday Clemson Football Recruiting Nuggets
  5. 05 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'