Penn State - Oregon State dual thread

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
174: Carter Starocci vs. Travis Wittlake

I remember when many of us were frustrated that Wittlake picked Okie St. over PSU

Per 1
Nothing thru 1 min. CStar in on a single, they scramble, and CStar gets behind for the TD, 3-0. They go OOB with 1:28 left. TW tries a roll but CStar stays with him. Another roll but CStar stays with him. CStar cuts him with 1 min left, 3-1. Stoppage for ?? with 47 sec left. (I think it was interlocking hands) CStar in on a double and gets the TD, 6-1. End. RT @ 1:09 for CStar

Per 2
CStar takes bottom. He works up to a base, and is out in @ 10 sec, 7-1. RT is 59 sec for CStar. A flurry and CStar comes out with the leg and gets behind for the TD, 10-1. TW grabs the lower leg, and then a stalemate with 48 sec left, as they weren't going anywhere. TW works up to his base, back to his knees. CStar rides him out. End. RT @ 2:32 for CStar

Per 3
TW takes neutral. TW dives for a single, CStar counters and gets the TD, 13-1. CStar quickly cuts him, 13-2. CStar with a head outside single which he works for the TD, 16-2. OOB with 1:07 left. CStar with the optional start and TW with an esc, 16-3. Ear to ear, then apart. CStar with a head inside single, and gets behind for the TD, 19-3, TF, @ 6:32

26-0, PSU
This match really helped me get over that loss. Truthfully.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021

"Gill is absolutely filled to the gills now for Beaver wrestling! #GoBeavs 🦫"

stephanie mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Kasak looked good. So far our 2 true freshman looked good against rankled opponents. Both should be ranked next week now.
You were pretty critical of Kasak when PSU wrestled Lehigh. Maybe let it all play out and let the kids and the coaches do their thing?

“Kasak gotta keep attacking. When we’re up by 3 we try to make it a major. Our program Coaches never to stop scoring. Hope our Coaches are on him.”

Reactions: Spice67

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
The best two 86kg wrestlers in the world are both in State College, depending on what DT does after the Olympics Brooks could have a 7-10 year run

Reactions: lionlover