Penn State - Oregon State dual thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm setting this up in advance, as I'm reffing this afternoon/evening, and don't know how much time I'll have after that to set it up.

Please use the thread for all pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion for the PSU - Oregon State dual.

When:
Jan. 5, 8 pm EST

Where:
Gill Coliseum, Corvallis, OR

TV:
The Pac-12 Oregon Network will be broadcasting the match. There have been all kinds of discussions on this board this week as to how to access it; still many questions. I don't have all the answers, so here's hoping folks post details in this thread.

Video Streaming:
I believe you can stream the Pac-12 Oregon network, but again, I'll leave that for others to detail

Audio Streaming:
The radio PBP, with Jeff Byers at the mic, will be streamed for free. The pre-match portion of the broadcast will begin at 7:45 pm EST, with the actual dual taking place at 8 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

PBP:
I hope to be able to do PBP, but that's dependent upon working out the aforementioned TV and streaming questions. Anyone else is welcome to contribute as well. As always, I remind folks that provide PBP to include scores for each dual, as well as the match score.

Last edited:

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
FuboTV seems like an option. They offer a free trial which it looks like I am destined for. I’ll just cancel manana.

Reactions: Stneumann83

Hartzie

Oct 31, 2021
FuboTV seems like an option. They offer a free trial which it looks like I am destined for. I’ll just cancel manana.
The problem is it’s not on the Pac12 network. It is on Pac12 Oregon which is behind a paywall. I haven’t even been able to find a way to subscribe and I’m a Fubo subscriber.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
The problem is it’s not on the Pac12 network. It is on Pac12 Oregon which is behind a paywall. I haven’t even been able to find a way to subscribe and I’m a Fubo subscriber.

So there is a distinction then. What a weird set up. I’m gonna have to do some research.

Edit: I am wondering if the distinction is simply location. If so a VPN may do the trick if I can access the P12 network. I’m having a hard time finding info on what exactly the Pac12 Network Oregon is.

Reactions: BigBankFrank

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
I just signed up for a free trial on Fubo. It asked for my home zip. My VPN is set for Seattle, the closets I can choose. By the way, the zip for Oregon State 97331. It looks like I may only get Pac-12 Washington..... I won't know for sure until the match time. They are also replaying it at different times, so maybe that will be an option as well.

• Love
Reactions: lionlover

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
I just signed up for a free trial on Fubo. It asked for my home zip. My VPN is set for Seattle, the closets I can choose. By the way, the zip for Oregon State 97331. It looks like I may only get Pac-12 Washington..... I won't know for sure until the match time. They are also replaying it at different times, so maybe that will be an option as well.

They are replaying it on the main network channel at midnight. That's what I can find. Apparently I have used a free trial with both of my e-mail addresses because I was going to try exactly what you did since ExpressVPN does not have a Portland server, but does have a Seattle one so I doubt that would work considering Washington/Washington State.

Hartzie

Oct 31, 2021
They are replaying it on the main network channel at midnight. That's what I can find. Apparently I have used a free trial with both of my e-mail addresses because I was going to try exactly what you did since ExpressVPN does not have a Portland server, but does have a Seattle one so I doubt that would work considering Washington/Washington State.
There is conflicting information on the midnight showing. I get the Pac12 network on Fubo and the wrestling match is not shown on their guide.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
There is conflicting information on the midnight showing. I get the Pac12 network on Fubo and the wrestling match is not shown on their guide.
I am seeing 3 am ET showing on regular PAC 12 Network.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
lol, I could have held off on starting this thread until after the match. Quite a mismatch I refffed. I can be slow to call a pin, but I don't think there was a single match that ended in a decision, so the match went really quickly.

Now to try and figure out how to actually watch tonight's PSU dual.

Last edited:

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
It seems Fubo will not allow use of a VPN when setting up your home network, and it seems that you need to set up a home network before you can watch anything, so I didn't come up with any workaround to share.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
So it appears that for those with a cable provider, you have to try to access the Pac-12 Oregon channel, and then see if your cable provider enables you to access the TV broadcast. It appears that I can, at least through my computer, which I'll then port to my TV. (I probably can do the same on my TV, as I have a Smart TV, but I'm far more comfortable doing the same via my computer.)

Try this, to see if you can get access:

Last edited:
Reactions: pabison

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
So it appears that for those with a cable provider, you have to try to access the Pac-12 Oregon channel, and then see if your cable provider enables you to access the TV. It appears that I can, at least through my computer, which I'll then port to my TV. (I probably can do the same on my TV, as I have a Smart TV, but I'm far more comfortable doing the same via my computer.)

Try this, to see if you can get access:

I Hate My Job Office Rage GIF

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
It seems Fubo will not allow use of a VPN when setting up your home network, and it seems that you need to set up a home network before you can watch anything, so I didn't come up with any workaround to share.
And if you already used a fubo free trial, it’s $74.99 for one month. Also, they don’t list DirecTV as a TV provider option☹️, sooooo I guess I’ll read about the match here.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Interesting. I wish I knew what to say but I don’t. Penn State is pushing that time and channel too. I wish I had a better answer then cross your fingers and hope but I sadly don’t. Sorry.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
oh crap, the exhibitions are before the dual.

Bear Claw with a 11-1 MAJ over Kekana Fouret.

Lucas Cochran with a 22-6 TF (5:51) over Mason Christiansen

Reactions: SRATH

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I give up on this TV/streaming broadcast. I can access Pac-12 Oregon, but I don't see the meet on the viewing schedule. What a mess this has been (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Edit: What's this -- I have the match on my screen. YES!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SRATH

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
I give up on this TV/streaming broadcast. I can access Pac-12 Oregon, but I don't see the meet on the viewing schedule. If I access Pac-12 Oregon and filter for Wrestling, it indicates "There are no programs that match the School, Sport or Network filters that you have selected." What a mess this has been (unless I'm doing something wrong).
I am watching P12 Oregon on FuboTV and the broadcast just started
Chertow on the broadcast

kijana

Nov 1, 2021
Anyone getting the match on Lionvision? All I get is country music when I click on the link.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Nothing simple. I maximized the match stream on my computer, and loss sound. smh

a_mshaffer

Oct 13, 2021
I give up on this TV/streaming broadcast. I can access Pac-12 Oregon, but I don't see the meet on the viewing schedule. What a mess this has been (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Edit: What's this -- I have the match on my screen. YES!!!!
got it via fubo Tom... trial listen

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Davis up 3 to 1. Kid is ranked 13th in nation from Oregon State.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
I was having trouble getting lionvision on firefox, but working on edge

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
It is important to listen to Byers so one knows exactly what our uniforms look like.

Kidding, love listening to the guy

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
125: Braeden Davis vs. Brandon Kaylor (BD or Davis vs. BK)

Per 1
Davis in on a double and gets the TD, 3-0. OOB with 2:30 left. BK up then returned. Davis is working a 2-on-1, and nearly tilts, but BK rolls thru. BK works up from his base, nearly dropped to his back but BK spins and gets the esc, 3-1. 1 min left. BK snaps down, nothing. Davis with a double for the TD, 6-1. He rides him out. End. RT @ 1:40 for Davis

Per 2
BK takes bottom after Davis defers. BK up quickly, back down. BK with a roll but Davis stays with him. BK works up, spins, but Davis stay with him. BK to his feet, and Davis lets him got, 6-2. RT over 2 min. BK working the edge. BK sort of reaches, nothing. End. RT @ 2:24 for Davis

Per 3
Davis takes bottom. Semi roll but BK stays with him. Davis sort of sits out, BK tries to spin around him but Davis is out, 7-2. Davis with another double for a TD, 10-2. OOB with 50 sec left. BK up quickly on the restart and is out, 10-3. 30 sec left. BK with a double and gets the TD with 8 sec, 10-6. End. With 2:08 in RT, it's a 11-6 DEC

3-0, PSU

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
125: Braeden Davis vs. Brandon Kaylor (BD or Davis vs. BK)

Per 1
Davis in on a double and gets the TD, 3-0. OOB with 2:30 left. BK up then returned. Davis is working a 2-on-1, and nearly tilts, but BK rolls thru. BK works up from his base, nearly dropped to his back but BK spins and gets the esc, 3-1. 1 min left. BK snaps down, nothing. Davis with a double for the TD, 6-1. He rides him out. End. RT @ 1:40 for Davis

Per 2
BK takes bottom after Davis defers. BK up quickly, back down. BK with a roll but Davis stays with him. BK works up, spins, but Davis stay with him. BK to his feet, and Davis lets him got, 6-2. RT over 2 min. BK working the edge. BK sort of reaches, nothing. End. RT @ 2:24 for Davis

Per 3
Davis takes bottom. Semi roll but BK stays with him. Davis sort of sits out, BK tries to spin around him but Davis is out, 7-2. Davis with another double for a TD, 10-2. OOB with 50 sec left. BK up quickly on the restart and is out, 10-3. 30 sec left. BK with a double and gets the TD with 8 sec, 10-6. End. With 2:08 in RT, it's a 11-6 DEC

3-0, PSU
Wow. Davis looked very tough beating the 13th ranked guy and AA. Awesome for true freshman.