PIE POLL

Pick up to 3 "rest of your life" pie flavors....


  • Total voters
    13

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,750
4,998
113
My grocery store is having a sale on Marie Callender Pies.

If you could only have 3 flavors for the rest of your life, which 3 would you choose?

Naturally, you get the variation you want (lattice, Dutch, cobbler, etc...).
 
Last edited:

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,768
5,493
113
I don't believe I've ever had her pies ... is this a poor Southern thing? I thought you guys were big on your fresh pies?
 

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,750
4,998
113
Apple and Key Lime are the only dessert pies i **** with
Key Lime tops my ranking, but sometimes I can't handle that much sweet and sour in one serving. Which seldom keeps me from eating half a pie in one sitting.

Cherry is a favorite since childhood (several centuries ago), preferably hot with vanilla ice cream on it.

After that, it's a tough call, but I went with pumpkin. Tasty, and probably better for you than anything else on the list (as if that matters). I'll take that with whipped cream or ice cream.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dpic73 and fskillet

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,750
4,998
113
I don't believe I've ever had her pies ... is this a poor Southern thing? I thought you guys were big on your fresh pies?
Loaded with sugar, fat and flavor. I had never heard of them a decade or so ago, but they are right up there with the top labels for taste, and some would say they are better (because, you know, sugar, fat and flavor).
 

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,750
4,998
113
Only 10 options allowed for these polls, so I didn't include rhubarb pie. It probably wouldn't have made my cut but it's darn good. Often seen as strawberry-rhubarb pie, giving strawberry flavor and sweetness to go with rhubarb's tartness.

What other lesser known pies do you like?
 

Moogy

All-American
Jul 28, 2017
7,768
5,493
113
I'm not a pie guy. I only have pies on Thanksgiving, and then it's typically apple pie with some vanilla ice cream. My kids like pumpkin pie and I believe I did, too, as a kid, but it's no longer my thing. Haven't even tried most varieties. Wait, I almost forgot ... the wife sometimes, as a "quick" dessert option for the kids, would make a chocolate pie, or a banana pudding pie on occasion. Banana pudding would get the nod from me, I guess.
 

SeaPA

All-Conference
Dec 17, 2002
1,608
3,891
113
I picked apple, chocolate, and other. For the chocolate, I would be specifically choose the French Silk pie from Village Inn, which is the best pie known to mankind. For "other" I'll nominate Boston Cream Pie, though I have mixed thoughts as to whether it is a pie or a cake.
 

dpic73

Heisman
Jul 27, 2005
35,659
32,824
113
If I could only have key lime, lemon meringue and pumpkin pie for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy with it. Though I really like lemon meringue, it has sentimental value because my mom made it a lot when I was a kid but it would come in third.
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football A new opportunity for Chris Johnson?
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Our detailed open date checklist for Clemson Football
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Quarterback
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football The big question for Clemson Football ahead of the second half of the season
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson loses linebacker commitment