Pittsburgh Recommendation

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,967
714
113
I know nothing of the city.

Staying downtown for one night with the wife on the way somewhere else.

Need recommendation for a fun "night out" with the wife. Kind of a decent food and find a good live music bar or something to do kind of night
 

dawgman42

All-American
Jul 24, 2007
6,304
6,452
113
Every time I've been up there in the last 3-4 years, I have people recommending a stop at Meat and Potatoes. Never been myself, but a half a dozen unconnected folks keep wanting me to go there.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Every time I've been up there in the last 3-4 years, I have people recommending a stop at Meat and Potatoes. Never been myself, but a half a dozen unconnected folks keep wanting me to go there.


Bad news, closed do to Covid.

Msudawg12 you may be in for a bad night. I think they still have a bunch of Covid restrictions in place up there.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,583
113
I hear the city is underrated. Haven't spent much time there outside of the airport though.
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,135
2,554
113
Catch a baseball game if you can - it's an easy walk over the river.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,725
12,486
113
I'm not much help but did spend 4 or 5 nights there about 2 years ago and had a blast. I was expecting the worst but it was a very clean, neat, fun city. Went out every night w/ locals from there but can't remember any of the names of the places. Would definitely go back though
 

dawgman42

All-American
Jul 24, 2007
6,304
6,452
113
One of the coolest cities I've ever been to that hits you square in the face that "you're here" as you are driving and exit the tunnel onto the Fort Pitt bridge into town and look out over it and all those glorious steel bridges. (Start about 54 seconds in)

 
Oct 29, 2009
2,707
587
113
Check out Olive or Twist.....my brother in law owns it...

great place, walking distance from stadium. restaurant downstairs, bar upstairs. really cool.
 

PreacherDog

Redshirt
Nov 10, 2017
199
0
16
I know nothing of the city.

Staying downtown for one night with the wife on the way somewhere else.

Need recommendation for a fun "night out" with the wife. Kind of a decent food and find a good live music bar or something to do kind of night

Was just there. Great city. Lots to do. Baseball game if they are in town. Duquesne Incline. Restaurants all over downtown. I liked Braddock's Rebellion. Wonderful salmon.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
One of the coolest cities I've ever been to that hits you square in the face that "you're here" as you are driving and exit the tunnel onto the Fort Pitt bridge into town and look out over it and all those glorious steel bridges. (Start about 54 seconds in)


Someone sure is doing a lot of slower left lane driving!
 

DeltaChicagoDog

Redshirt
Sep 30, 2018
163
0
16
I know nothing of the city.

Staying downtown for one night with the wife on the way somewhere else.

Need recommendation for a fun "night out" with the wife. Kind of a decent food and find a good live music bar or something to do kind of night

Don't have a specific recommendation, but Pittsburgh has made drastic changes for the better over the last 20 years. It's a wonderful city. Catch a Pirates game, tickets should be cheap this season. And if you like the movie The Deer Hunter, the US scenes were filmed in a small mill town called Mingo Junction just outside Pittsburgh.
 

msudawg1200

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2012
1,072
1,013
113
PNC Park is the most underrated ballpark in MLB. If the Pirates are in town catch a game.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,859
3,008
113
Get you some pierogies.....

I know nothing of the city.

Staying downtown for one night with the wife on the way somewhere else.

Need recommendation for a fun "night out" with the wife. Kind of a decent food and find a good live music bar or something to do kind of night

They are a thing there.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list